March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ian Forrester, Ted Schefelbein, LeFusil, smlekid), 858 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here lies homeless joe,a turd in the punch bowl

2 members like this: graybeardtmm3, canvasback
Sidelock
Sidelock

That is a beautiful stock. Naysayers be damned.

The proportions are nice, the lines are nice, the layout is good, the finish is a little thin, but even, the colors are good, you would have to go a long way to find another one as nice.

Out there doing it best I can.
mc #590027 01/15/21 12:22 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

It wasn't jOe who told us that Steve farms out a lot of the work that is done on his/her customers guns. Stevie admitted doing that, and defended his/her practice of subcontracting gun work out to others. He/she made the excuse that it made better sense.to utilize other people to do mundane and time consuming work like checkering.

That was why I asked who really did the work on this Greener stock. I noticed that Stevie never gives proper attribution to the subcontractors used when farming out jobs. I felt that would be the right thing to do. And some folks might just wish to avoid the middle-man or middle/woman.

How would it look if I bought a blank, and then had someone run it through a duplicator, and then had someone else do the fine inletting and final shaping, and then had someone else sand, fill pores, and apply finish, and then paid someone else to checker it???... Then, after all that... post some pictures of the stocking job I had just completed??? I would be no different than a general contractor who calls himself a home builder, but never touches a hammer.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

And here are a few pictures of it in progress in case you missed it on the professional forum.

Brent took a nasty fall, broke the stock and both tangs in the process:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I repaired the tang by TIG welding on a new portion and filing it up to match the original, the tang was then tapped to the proper BA thread pitch.

Fresh of the shop built pantograph after I built up the original stock as a pattern. The original had been broken several times in the past and the wrist was under sized so bondo was used to get the proper pattern shape.

I left a buit extra inside when running the machine for the inletting

All headed up, way more work than most A&D guns

Getting ready to mark and drill the top tang screw hole

Drilling to hole on my Haas Mill

A grub screw is used in inletting so as to not damage the original

Applying the red oil after shaping and sanding

And ready for a few final coats of oil, the new tang screw needs to be engraved and then it is ready to go home. A challenging project and one which I enjoyed.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/6xi6O22l.jpg[/img]

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
And here are a few pictures of it in progress in case you missed it on the professional forum.

Brent took a nasty fall, broke the stock and both tangs in the process:

Even jOe Biden wouldn't have recommended repairing that....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wonderful save smile
Thank you for sharing
Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Looks great Steve! Thanks for sharing.

Ken

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well Done!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wonderful craftsmanship...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.