March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (dukxdog, SKB, Marc Ret, Argo44, LGF, Ian Forrester), 837 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
dogon Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Big changes coming our way if you're buying or selling on Gunbroker.

These changes will potentially have many down stream consequences for online guns sales.

Say thank you big brother! Read it & weep!

https://support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-us/a...-Tax-Collection

Sidelock
Sidelock

no biggie...we don laou no evil such as sales tax here in nh...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
What if I am a private seller and not a business?

Even as a private seller, you will have to collect and remit sales tax on your items. When the buyer completes the checkout process the appropriate tax will be calculated for the order. This tax will be paid to you as part of the payment you receive. In a manner similar to how you pay your GunBroker.com fees, GunBroker.com will bill and collect the sales tax amount from you. GunBroker.com, because of marketplace facilitator legislation, is required to report and remit the tax to the individual states for the transactions on the site.

Clock Guns, Pauly Guns, Pinfire Guns and Pinfire Cartridges
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the heads up.
I just sent in my information. lets see how this goes.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

I see a clusterf**k in my future if someone wants to return a gun...

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Once again the vendors/FFLs seem to be going beyond what the law actually requires. Even in California, purchases from private parties are not subject to sales tax at point of purchase. CA residents are required to pay "use tax" on these purchases, but that is done as part of the annual state income tax filing. eBay has been charging sales tax for years on purchases from private parties, even though they are not required to do so. Easier for them, not necessarily good for us. Screwed again.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Goodbye Gunbroker.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

amazon collects sales tax from buyers, based on tax of destination state...

figure gb will do the same, cept they will collect tax from sellers instead of buyers...

so, awl gb sellers have to do is to include appropriate sales tax along with shipping costs in their final invoice to buyers...

ware it could get fuzzy, is auditing gb to confirm that tax actually wound up in appropriate state coffers...

Last edited by ed good; 12/10/20 07:42 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good news for Guns International IMO

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gr8day
Good news for Guns International IMO

Until the AG from the buyer's State hits them with a lawsuit to collect on all sales for the last year?...Geo

Probably applies to our for sale forum here on Doubdlegunshop as well...Geo

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 12/10/20 12:25 PM. Reason: added final sentence
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.