April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ted Schefelbein, SKB, HalfaDouble, smlekid, 2 invisible), 835 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,831
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

I do feel good about it, because I see it occurring in my local area with various Church organizations. If you weren't such an ideologue and open your eyes, perhaps you'd see it as well.

Another blanket statement NCA; I don't believe that pedophilia is rampant in but one church organization, which has been previously touched on and concerning the payment of taxes, I do so and have for probably many more years than you have!

You sure like to personally attack anyone that disagrees or points something out that you don't agree with. It's been your MO for as long as I've been reading this forum and IMO, it speaks volumes of your character...go ahead and go into the attack mode. I'm done responding to this particular thread, and really it was in response to what RMB said, which seemed to get your panties in a knot!

Cameron Hughes
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, irk and science are a strange combination, but here goes: science ( i.e. statistics) documents food insecurity with considerable precision. The figures show that huge numbers of citizens don't know where the next meal is coming from. Many of them are children. Many are the working poor. Many are people who have lost work because of the bungled Corona response by your dear leader who even managed to infect a number of his entourage. Speaking of government efficiency, Trump's tax cut is a model of government service. Those benefitting from it were our very wealthiest; the poor are holding their breath 'til the trickle kicks in.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 11/12/20 10:45 PM.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Cameron
I do feel good about it, because I see it occurring in my local area with various Church organizations. If you weren't such an ideologue and open your eyes, perhaps you'd see it as well.

Another blanket statement NCA; I don't believe that pedophilia is rampant in but one church organization, which has been previously touched on and concerning the payment of taxes, I do so and have for probably many more years than you have!

You sure like to personally attack anyone that disagrees or points something out that you don't agree with. It's been your MO for as long as I've been reading this forum and IMO, it speaks volumes of your character...go ahead and go into the attack mode. I'm done responding to this particular thread, and really it was in response to what RMB said, which seemed to get your panties in a knot!

Well Cameron, I'm suspect of that. If you really read these threads you would see that its about 6 or 7 members I really get into it with and not you. Apologies if you find me just a little too hot to handle, otherwise If you wish to group yourself into that lowbrow faction, go right ahead, but I didn't invite you.

And yeah I did respond to you. I do find it suspect that one thinks their obligation to pay taxes is somehow relieved if one donate to a religious charity. False equivalency between the two insofar as being vehicles for providing services to the needy.

I do hope my language wasn't too harsh for you.

Last edited by nca225; 11/12/20 01:46 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

I will respond NCA! I don't agree that paying taxes assuages ones responsibility to donate to a religious charity or visa versa! One is an obligation, the other is a personal choice.

I will say that you remind me a little of my 35 year old son! He and I have political differences and he and I go around on those differences. Although we do have differences in our viewpoint, he whole heartedly believes in his beliefs and defends them unabashedly...likewise I, mine! We're both entitled to what we believe, without insulting the other. What I don't like is when he makes blanket statements about a group as a whole, such as; the conservatives are a bunch of backwards rednecks or similar comments! I call him out on that and remind him that he wasn't brought up to lump groups of people into some demeaning category, rather they're to be judged individually on the content of their character.

Sure there are individuals within both beliefs who can and should be called out and/or categorized in that manner, but from my experience with many friends and acquaintances on both sides of the political spectrum, and although I may not agree with some, I certainly don't believe a political disagreement should devolve into name calling, threats and personal attacks. Not really too harsh, just a pet peeve of mine when whole groups of people are judged as knuckle dragging morons, so to speak!

Cameron Hughes
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
just a pet peeve of mine when whole groups of people are judged as knuckle dragging morons, so to speak!

Or, as a "basket of deplorables."

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225
It always boils down to taxes. Oh you poor victims having to keep up your part of the social contract.

I think a good trade off is that if an individual doesn't not want to pay 100% percent of their tax responsibility then why should that individual get the benefit of the protections that those taxes pay for?

I actually agree with this statement above... especially as it pertains to the very large number of able-bodied people who pay zero taxes and often even collect the earned income credit.

I pay more than my share, so I have absolutely nothing to feel ashamed or guilty about.

Those who are simply too lazy to get out and find work, and have no skin in the game, should not have the same rights and benefits as those who actually pay to keep this country running and functioning. For starters, those who do not pay taxes and are on the dole should not have any right to vote themselves even more taxpayer funded benefits.

But that would be the death of the Democrat Party... a win win for the nation.

And if Nancy-boy nca225, rocky mtn bill, and ClapperZapper see some social contract obligations in our Constitution, which clearly does not exist, then they certainly have the freedom to donate a large portion of their earnings to the people they pity. But they do not have the right to make themselves feel noble by dipping into others pockets.

By the way, no corporation ever really pays a dime in taxes. Any taxes paid by General Motors, ExxonMobil, or Coca-Cola is simply passed on to the consumers of their products. The taxes of every one of their suppliers is rolled into the price these corporations pay for parts or ingredients. Then it is all passed on to us. If the cost becomes high enough to send consumers looking elsewhere, those companies lose out to foreign competition, and their employees lose jobs and no longer pay taxes either. Start taxing Jeff Bezos to death, and he will simply move to someplace else, and perhaps take much of his company with him... as is happening right now in high tax nations, and high tax liberal left Democrat controlled cities and states. Don't believe me??? Just look at Andrew Coumo begging wealthy New Yorkers to come home... so he can continue to screw them!

https://fee.org/articles/andrew-cuomo-is-worried-wealthy-new-yorkers-won-t-come-back-he-should-be/

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Boxlock
Boxlock

I was born and raised in the UK, moved to Canada with my family, then moved to the US.

If you think their health care "systems" offer any advantage to ours, I'll be happy to buy you a one way ticket so you may avail yourselves of them.

Horror stories? Yeah, pretty much every visit with the NHS was a horror story. My mother almost died, then they used non-dissolving sutures internally and she developed abcesses. They did, in fact, yank out some of my teeth because the wait time for a filling was months, but they could do an extraction today. People do get amputations for diabetes rather than treatment. When my father needed back surgery, he saved up and paid out of pocket, halfway across the country.

Canada's system worked great, until the bills came due. Now it's literally months or years for non-critical care, and a great number of them drive down here for surgery.

I'd be willing to start a civil war before any of that crap catches hold in this country.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Craig, irk and science are a strange combination, but here goes: science ( i.e. statistics) documents food insecurity with considerable precision. The figures show that huge numbers of citizens don't know where the next meal is coming from. Many of them are children. Many are the working poor. Many are people who have lost work because of the bungled Corona response by your dear leader who even managed to infect a number of his entourage. Speaking of government efficiency, Trump's tax cut is a model of government service. Those benefitting from it were our very wealthiest; the poor are holding their breath 'til the trickle kicks in.

I know the manipulated figures those "statistics" come from. It's the same type of modeling that the "Union of Concerned Scientists" used to predict we were 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 3 minutes, 30 seconds from nuclear war for four decades. Somehow, though, we never actually had said war.

If "large numbers" of people didn't actually have statistical security in their meals, then we'd see "large numbers" of them starving to death. Real, not statistical.

As far as tax breaks, by definition, those who pay the most taxes get the biggest break. If someone earning a mil gets a $50K tax break, of course it's a bigger break than someone earning $50K gets.

It's probably unfair that I can afford Westley Richards and Thieme and Schmegelmilch firearms, while some people can only afford Stevens and H&R. Oh, well.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I believe it was Kirk Merrington who told me the English healthcare system was absolutely wonderful, until you got sick. Then, you died.

MZ Williamson, welcome, and congrats on your escape.

Best,
Ted

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.