March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Hammergun, Dave K, buckstix, Der Ami, 2 invisible), 398 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,008
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Boxlock
Boxlock

I miss the "Morris Feel Gloves" that Walmart and Bass Pro Shop used to sell. Wool with leather palm and nylon finger tips. Were warm when wet, briars would eat them up after 2 or 3 years. Hunted many years with them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Take a look at some of the mechanics gloves in an auto supply store. Some of them might just fill the ticket. I bought a pair recently for auto type work and think they would be good for shooting if the trigger finger portion were cut off.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
1 member likes this: Tom Findrick
Sidelock
Sidelock

I use baseball batting/golf gloves if its not too cold. If it is pretty cold, a military thermal liner inside a military wool liner and a golf glove on shooting hand. I always wear long wool cuffs on my wrists in any sort of cold weather, as Brent says it REALLY helps.

W. E. Boyd
Sidelock
Sidelock

Military flight gloves are good for those colder days also the black tanker glove. Your military surplus sales may have them.

1 member likes this: Tom Findrick
Sidelock
Sidelock

While it won't work for upland hunting (usually) a fleece or knit, wind-stopper glove inside an insulated leather chopper or snowmobile mitt is toasty warm, with ample room for a zippo heater. They are easily flipped off or simply dropped off when shooting is imminent.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a pair of the insulated leather Grip-Swell gloves that I use in colder weather with double trigger guns. Not sure that they even make them anymore, but these have held up beautifully and do an exceptional job.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm jumping on to this thread late and may have missed this already, but I use equestrian gloves. They hold up forever, and are even reinforced in the right spots.
CHAZ

TCN Offline
Boxlock
Boxlock

I use the Filson goatskin gloves for hunting. I buy them small, they stretch perfectly, and last quite a while. I think I'm on season 4 with my current pair, and they look terrible but function well.

When it's a bit colder, I switch to the Laksen London gloves, which fit a bit more like a shooting glove than a hunting glove. They are beautiful, but tough to find in the US.

"More important, we hoped that when Autumn came, the birds would fly"

-Guy De La Valdene
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.