April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (fullandfuller, Karl Graebner, CJF, 1 invisible), 1,036 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
craigd #577986 08/17/20 10:59 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
In at least some situations, we might be fortunate that we have the writings on the book shelf, rather than the author sitting across the dinner table?

"Bad" Bob Jones?...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
In at least some situations, we might be fortunate that we have the writings on the book shelf, rather than the author sitting across the dinner table?

"Bad" Bob Jones?...Geo

Chew with his mouth open?

craigd #577999 08/17/20 12:18 PM
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Could be that way with members of this board as well.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

For those interested in a personal portrait of MM by a long time friend and collaborator, search Remembering Michael by Terry Wieland.

Speude Bradeos
SKB #578005 08/17/20 01:23 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB

Could be that way with members of this board as well.

No Steve, not really. We still appreciate the writings, not like here where it is because of the writings that some of us are smart enough not to waste a minute of time breaking bread with some.

No, I was sticking up for you, and the nice single shots you share now and then. They can sit in our libraries, but would you want to hunt with an Elmer Keith or an O'connor, spraying their .44 mag or .270 all over the country side? How about tagging along, for years, on a Rhino or Elephant cull? I would not want to read a book about me scratching down three ducks at the edge of a pond, but there are some great tales of long gone market hunts. How about the great buffalo hunters and mountain men of the 1800's who jotted down notes back in the day, they probably farted and belched like pigs during dinner. That's all?

Sidelock
Sidelock

South Dakota 1995
Ralph Stuart, Michael McIntosh, Silvio Calabi, Robert(Bad Bob)F. Jones, Steven Dodd Hughes.
Michael was one of the best shotgun shooters I've ever known as well as delightful company especially with a glass of Single Malt or Bourbon in hand. This was the inaugural Reader's and Writer's Wingshoot, held at the Paul Nelson Farm in South Dakota. The R&WWS was a concept I dreamt up and coordinated specifically so I could get to meet and hunt with Michael McIntosh and Bob Jones. I got to know Michael quite well and Bob and I became great friends. I hunted with them both at other venues and Bob spent quite a bit of time with me in Montana.
For those that don't know, Bob Jones had been a staff writer an Time Magazine and Sports Illustrated was author of about seven (great)novels (some I read long before knowing him)and numerous non-fiction works. Annie Proulx edited a bio of him titled, A Roaring in the Blood, Remembering Robert F. Jones.
BTW: both fellows were delightful dinner company and each had endless intriguing tales and anecdotes from their sporting lives!

Last edited by SDH-MT; 08/17/20 02:40 PM. Reason: edit
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.