April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ian Forrester), 266 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,044
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
ed good #572305 05/18/20 03:32 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, as a liberal Democrat, I hold no hostility to your beliefs. In our country, you are welcome to them and protected in your right to promote them. I happen not to share many of them, and that is my right too. I'm a firm believer in the separation of church and state. If you have a quarrel with that doctrine, then you ought to say so. If the democratic platform doesn't suit you, you're a Republican. But if the outcome of an election doesn't go your way, that's too bad. This is not theocracy.

Bill Ferguson
ed good #572308 05/18/20 03:45 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

if you lose the election too bad, unless you're a democrat. Then you do everything you can to overturn it, like congress and the last administration has done and been doing. Just don't expect to hear anything about that on NPR.

ed good #572309 05/18/20 03:51 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill, you realize that the outcome of your last election didnt go the Democrats way and they have done everything imaginable to overturn the result.

Thats the thing. Everyone wins some elections and loses others. When you lose, you regroup and try to win the next one.

But thats not what happened in the aftermath of Trumps election and that is one of the main things that sticks in the craw of so many of his supporters. A refusal to accept it. Which gives them licence, in their minds, to try every trick conceivable to overturn the result.

Last edited by canvasback; 05/18/20 03:52 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
ed good #572310 05/18/20 03:55 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The separation of church and state isn't what you think it is. A bill was passed, I believe in 1793, authorizing the printing, purchase, and distribution of Bibles. The people that created this nation were involved in that, if there was a wall, they didn't build it.

This country was created as a Christian nation, what the founding fathers didn't want, was an "official" state religion - Protestant, Methodist, Episcopal, whatever - that could be used as a weapon against competing sects, the way things worked in Europe.

ed good #572311 05/18/20 04:02 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Politics AND religion - LR's favs smile
https://sites.google.com/site/anotherdaysjourneybackhome/pray-for-america

George Washington's Letter to the Touro Synagogue of Newport, Rhode Island, 1790
The Citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for giving to Mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy: a policy worthy of imitation. All possess alike liberty of conscience and immunities of citizenship. It is now no more that toleration is spoken of, as if it was by the indulgence of one class of people that another enjoyed the exercise of their inherent natural rights. For happily the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance, requires only that they who live under its protection, should demean themselves as good citizens.

"The Wall of Separation", Thomas Jefferson's letter to the Danbury Baptists, Jan 1, 1802
https://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/9806/danpost.html
Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man & his god, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;" thus building a wall of eternal separation between Church & State.

http://www.christianity.com/church/churc...n-11630340.html

The inspired brilliance of the Founders was in:
1. Protecting individual exercise of religion from the state
2. Protecting the state from a theocracy
3. Protecting the minority from the tyranny of the majority
They would have been astounded at the idea that our Nation was not established under Judeo/Christian principles and that religion should have no voice/influence in affairs of the state however.

Maybe THIS will get this stinkin' thread deleted! wink

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan

You are known by the company you keep. I'll stick with my company, for now.

SRH

A telling statement for a man that keeps one such a Keith as company.

As always, this will be "will be "filed" for future reference".

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

ed good #572313 05/18/20 04:12 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tim, I don't know who may have questioned the outcome of Trump's election. I certainly did not, no matter how much I disliked it. One of the things I disliked about it was his claim in advance that if he lost, it was due to a rigged outcome. He'll do that again before he loses. CB, Please name one, one thing done to overturn Trump's election. All I can come up with is publicizing the fact that he lost the popular vote by some 3 million which fact doesn't question his win. Lots of folks today doubt the wisdom of our electoral college, but while it's in effect, only a fool could question its decision. I do think it's far past time to do away with it. You would too if it undid one of your party's wins.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 05/18/20 04:21 PM.

Bill Ferguson
ed good #572315 05/18/20 04:23 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have known Joe Biden personally for almost 40 years. Joe most likely cant remember my name but that group is very large these days.

As a funny aside I was riding with a friend in his helicopter which he was hovering about 75 off Trumps front door in His Florida oceanfront house. Security, private back then, was there when Trump came out and gave my friend the middle finger for being a asshxxx and messing up his hair. Both men were from NY and had known each other for years. Not friends but not enemies either. John was just letting Trump know he was staying at his house next door and that the girls ought not to forget their tops when sunbathing.

No you might think getting the finger from Trump, even second handed, would bug me. It does not at all. As I said my friend was being a asshxxx. So when it comes down to voting I will gladly vote for Trump. Not stumbling, bumbling, old school give me a deal for your favor Joe. Joe was too happy to accept favors 40 years ago for my taste. He is only smarter at it now.

ed good #572316 05/18/20 04:29 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, Once more, who are the nameless, faceless? You get on a tear and nothing you say makes as much sense as a Trump news conference. Neither of you ever goes back and tries to make clear the incomprehensible things you say. You just keep saying nonsense, which in your party is perfectly acceptable.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Democrats in congress have been saying his win is illegitimate from the beginning, just like they wanted an impeachment from the beginning. You don't think that sham impeachment wasn't an attempt to overturn the election. Are you going to say rogue dirtbags in the FBI and DOJ didn't want to overturn the election? Yeah, I know, if it wasn't on NPR it didn't happen.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.