April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (LRF, Roundsworth, montenegrin, 1 invisible), 373 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,800
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

My cousin and I both had the '94 copies. We would line empty cans along the edge of a hay rack for targets. One of us drove the 110 John Deere and one rode in the trailer and drive back and forth till all the cans were knocked over. Then set 'em up switch places and do it again. The driver didn't get to shoot as much even using you knees to steer. When the sights broke off I learned to snap shoot it. Hitting a Trester's model paint lid from across the room got to be easy. Still like straight stocks.I did have a Daisy sxs but it fired corks. I think they currently make a copy of a Remington 1100.

Sidelock
Sidelock

All of my neighborhood friends and I shot BB guns as kids. We never had BB gun wars, but we did do stupid things like shooting cigarettes out of each other's mouths. We were all very good shots however and I recall no injuries.

Nevertheless, I did not allow my boys to go through the BB gun phase due to concern about the bad safety habits I'd just have to break when they were old enough for .22s and shotguns.

When I did start them it was on .22 single shots and they understood from the beginning that the rifle was capable of killing a rabbit or squirrel or one of them. I let the boys walk with me quail hunting with their rifle and ammo but I had the bolt in my pocket until we'd take a break and shoot pine cones out of the tops of our longleaf pines.

When they got .410 single shots the first shot for each was at the edge of a pond into the wet mud on the bank, so they could see for themselves how powerful the weapon in their hands was. All three of them grew up to be hunters you'd feel safe to spend a morning in a duck blind or an afternoon in the field with...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: james-l
Re: BB gun wars; and here I thought my brother and I were the only ones that stupid.

To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid. Nature weeds out the very stupid.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Being young and stupid are just part of the good ole days. It wasnt a BB gun war, but I distinctly remember laying on a cold country docs metal table for three hours while he dug a chunk of lead from a Benjamin out of my back. Went in pretty deep.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a copy of a book on Daisy which starts from their beginning. It does not list every model they ever made but has a lot of them. The very first of the "Daisy" line was given as a bonus when one bought a windmill. The Air Rifle became so popular the owner dropped the windmills, changed the Co name to Daisy & concentrated on the BB guns. My dad would never buy me a BB gun because he thought they fostered unsafe practices. My first gun of my own was a single shot bolt action Stevens .22 S, L or LR, model 1 as I recall. Later in life, I bought a BB gun to practice instinctive shooting with. I still have it but it has been a long time since I shot it, It's the model 29 50 shot pump with positive loading. I bought the Daisy book at an "Ollies Army" store for a couple of bucks, has been really interesting to see what all they made over the years. I believe the most popular BB gun Daisy ever built was the Red Ryder model leer action with gravity feed.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

I remember the model 25 pump as being the hardest hitting spring powered one they sold. It is still made. As Ted said, you could take one of those 25s, put a drop or two of oil down bore, and it would kill a squirrel or a rabbit with a head shot. Chickens, too. Trust me on that.

https://www.daisy.com/product/model-25-pump-bb-gun/

My little brother was playing outside one summer afternoon wearing nothing but a pair of short pants. I counted the number of BBs I put in my Daisy, and counted them as I shot them out. After the last one I just knew it was empty .................. so I cocked it, aimed at my little brother's bare back at about 20 yards. When I pulled the trigger I saw the BB leave the barrel and fly straight to it's mark, my brother Mark. Lost my use of it for a month.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted By: james-l
Re: BB gun wars; and here I thought my brother and I were the only ones that stupid.

To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid. Nature weeds out the very stupid.

Best,
Ted

Nature weeds them out or they get elected to Congress.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan;
You're right of course on the model number. Mine is also a model 25. I don't know why that model 29 popped into my head.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had to look it up, Miller. I didn't have a clue what the model number was, but that's going back about 55-58 years for me. Lot of water under the bridge since then ...... lot of other stuff, too. (a nod to Bob Dylan)

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Speaking of stupid - did anyone else shoot "Atomic Pearls" from their Daisy?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.