April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hugh Lomas, Ian Forrester, Marks_21, fab500, Ken Nelson, Birdog), 1,174 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,133
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

So, I might be acting on emotion. Looking for an objective opinion.

I will try to not bore you with the intimate details or disclose the dealer name out of respect who I am sure alot of folks have probably used this dealer. Well known on all trader auction sites ect.

Dealer had gun I wanted for 1k.

I had same that was in a tad less condition.

I asked if they would trade with me giving additional funds. They declined.

So I bought it outright and got no discount at all. Then I asked if they would consign my old one. They agreed.

When they get it they list for same exact price as other. Ok fine. It doesn't sell. So after 3 weeks I suggest lower it 100 bux. No initiation from them.

Another 3 weeks I ask and no action I ask if we should lower another 100. He says yes may help.

Another couple weeks go by I check and it sold! I'm happy!! Not what I wanted but happy.

Again me doing all the communicating.

So then he tells me it sold for 100 less than it was listed for!

Now I'm like WTH?? Why didn't you ask me before dropping another 100??

My family thinks I'm overreacting. Except the wife lol But I'm like it's not alot of $$ but it's the principle.

What do y'all think?

Get Outlook for Android

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is the gun you got $300 nicer than the one you sold?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Overreacting? Possibly a bit. Sounds like either miscommunication at best, or a lack of interest on the dealer's part at worst.

I think the thing to learn here is that you should list it yourself next time. The internet has changed the ball game, and one of those changes is that the need for a go-between no longer exists. Consignment was a great tool before the web, not so much anymore, IMO.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Totally with Stan, internet has changed the game and listing times have changed as well, besides not all dealers have good customer service ( mind you I said not all) self listing is 100% hassle free, unless your are one who thinks emails and packing tape are a burden!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'd say it's worth 200 more then I paid but when you add shipping and and receiving cost ect...plus ship mine it's more like 500 difference. It adds up.

What if we were talking 1k at a clip and not 100.

Last edited by J. Sappington; 03/19/20 08:20 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Given the unusual financial conditions this month, you probably did O.K. and should be happy it sold. I would be!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Okay guys I appreciate your input I'll stop complaining and just be grateful!

Sidelock
Sidelock

The cost of education was $100.00. That is not that big of a hit. Learn and move on. In a perfect world it would cost zero. Consider this, if the dealer had declined the price drop and the gun did not sell for a couple months how would you feel if he mentioned his chance to sell at a reduced price back a month ago. You would be pissed because by then you just want the gun sold. Many would be buyers, are just kicking tires and an offer for a reduced price might not even be real money. I have seen all types of reasons for buyer to back out after getting an offer accepted.

Shipping is the cost of selling to people you can not meet and while it is real, paying that price increases your potential sales market about a thousand percent. Most guns would never be sold today if not shipped. Trading guns is a lot like changing wives. Best only done after considerable thought and clear pictures of her new truck. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.