April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (KY Jon, 1 invisible), 443 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,093
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

One of the Reservations I hunt has a lead shot ban in place with an exception in place for older guns. I was quite pleased to take advantage of that exception last year.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lead for auto wheels are gone.
bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, @ about every intersection I can assure you that you will pick up @ least 1/2 dozen. And there's many more alongside the carriageways.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

You have carriage ways in North Alabama? Really?

Personally I pretty much never see wheel weights on the road and I spend a lot of time running and cycling on paved and unpaved roads around here. They must stick'em on better for cars and trucks than they do carriages... smile

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: bill schodlatz
Lead for auto wheels are gone.
bill

What is ludicrous here is that stick-on wheel weights are mostly pure lead.

Dumb, but learning...Prof Em, BSc(ME), CAE (FYI)
Sidelock
Sidelock

We are not amused!

Some Supermarket chains insist on only buying game shot with non-lead alternatives. I understand it is to bring that into line so that game can also be exported to the continent. To some degree I can live with that. Most guns on commercial shoots seem to use either Brownings or Berettas which can be used with steel. If they bring it in it should allow for lead to be used if for personal consumption and not going into the food chain. That also I can live with. A compete ban would mean that I could no longer shoot most of the guns in my collection without buying expensive Bismuth. If forced to use Bismuth then there is going to be a shortage and the price will go up and up.

I live in Derbyshire and about 25% of the county is on lead rich land with large underground deposits that have been mined since before the Romans came. They then mined it extensively. Does that mean we should evacuate 25% of the county because lead is dangerous?

If someone came out with an alternative that was both as effective, could be used in all types of guns and as cheap I would happily use that. So far no one has developed that. Lagopus…..

Sidelock
Sidelock

Diggory's "Vintage Gun Journal" ariticle:

https://www.vintageguns.co.uk/magazine/a-voluntary-phase-out-of-lead-shot-

Gold is the next element up from lead. It's malleable, mixable, and heavy. Waiting for synthetic Gold shot to appear (as alchemists have done for centuries).

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Those so called advocates for UK country sports are appeasers. Will the increased cost for nontox shot be passed on to the game sellers and the consumer? That will get their attention. That said, thick wads and (more) open chokes should be safe for steel shot. The case against plastic wads is largely over blown IMO.

GLS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The issue with plastic wads is some of the land shot is grazed by sheep. Sheep, not overly top heavy with good sense, eat them and it causes serious issues. I can understand why fiber wads are required in that instance. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Argo44

Gold is the next element up from lead. It's malleable, mixable, and heavy. Waiting for synthetic Gold shot to appear (as alchemists have done for centuries).

The real deal:

https://www.edelt-rogy.at/

€ 100,000 per box of 20. I can get you all you desire. Safe for all doubles mind you......

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.