April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (CJF, Vol423, buckstix, 1 invisible), 449 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,212
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#564544 02/06/20 10:42 AM
mark Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Internet anonymity...In certain cases can cause rude, disrespectful and just plain bizarre behavior. Unfortunately; this can manifest as off color, rude, overtly aggressive or irrelevant posts on the board.

Periodically (way more than I'd like); I get complaints about the antics of certain users on the board. I can only assume that the digital world has some how compromised their ability to be considerate and respectful of other members.

Although I am typically in agreement concerning the complaints I do not wish to actively moderate the forum for various reasons.

So in lieu of my whacking a user I'd like to remind all of you about a very useful feature available to all registered users.

The feature is called "Ignore a User".

You can choose to ignore the posts of a particular user, if you wish. Posts from an ignored user will still be shown to preserve the flow of the conversation; however, the body of the ignored user’s posts will be set to “You are ignoring this user”. To ignore a user, click his/her username to go to the profile and click “ignore this user”.

Thank you all for your participation and your patience with these individuals.[u][/u]
In Charge But Not Responsible

mark #564545 02/06/20 10:47 AM
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mark,
Have you noticed the new forum for just us professionals? I have suggested users pm me directly regarding posts in that forum so I could add forum members thoughts. Seems to be working well so far.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
mark #564546 02/06/20 10:59 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The "ignore the user" is not a cure at all, because the "ignored" poster infects many others on a post . One cannot put those other users on "ignore" too. It's just like one rotten apple spoiling the whole batch. Get rid of the rotten apples, don't just "ignore" them.

SKB #564551 02/06/20 01:51 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
I have suggested users pm me directly regarding posts in that forum so I could add forum members thoughts.

The sheer volume of posts here would preclude that from working in this forum. May I suggest that some members design an ap, something like the one used in the Iowa Democrat caucus. That seemed to work pretty good. At least insofar as eliminating any candidate that might have any chance of winning in November.
This Double Gun bbs ap if designed correctly should be effective in blocking anything remotely interesting such as hockey, golf, politics and how to date Finnish hotties. (road trip to Munising!)

https://youtu.be/5VvyQuvm4Kc

BrentD’s AMZN (up $10) link worked well so I suggest he be part of the code writing team. I’m sure there must be others with mad computer skills that could help. Any suggestions?

mark #564556 02/06/20 03:12 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can help with this Lonesome.

I'd bet my best double shotgun that Mark's motivation for this off-topic thread is a response to jOe confronting him about his use of this site for free advertising of his business. That happened earlier this morning in the DIY Gunsmithing forum.

Instead of responding to jOe by saying that he has integrity and pays Dave Weber every time he makes a sale as a result of his free advertising, his solution instead was to act like a "Fascist" and suggest that jOe should be IGNORED or otherwise silenced.

The apparent solution to being confronted about free advertising and self promotion for Mark's boy-friend SKB Stevie is to have special forums that are restricted to participation by only the free advertisers. Then they could filter out the annoying truth by use of PM's. He would simply censor anyone who dared to mention their free advertising. That behavior sounds a lot like Fascism to me... if you actually bothered to learn the definition of the word.

DON'T FEED THE FREE ADVERTISING GUNSMITHS

mark #564557 02/06/20 03:19 PM
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I very much appreciate the new forum Dave has created for professional members. He accepted my donation the other day and promptly approved my posting privileges not once mentioning advertising.

Here for the meltdowns
mark #564559 02/06/20 03:29 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just think Stevie, if this was a restricted forum, you could have censored my observation about your free advertising.

On the other hand, you didn't make your little donation until late last year... only after being shamed into it. And you had to be shamed into it this year. However, your boyfriend Mark is still being a freeloader.

I'm pretty sure he would like everyone to IGNORE that!

All that I know for certain about Dave's feelings on people using his forum for self-promotion is his own words. You have seen those words, but choose to do your free advertising in every post you make. And you run away from the question of whether you pay Dave a percentage for every sale you make as a result of your advertising. Everyone else is expected to pay Dave on the honor system after making a sale here.

You seem to feel entitled to operate under a different standard.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

mark #564560 02/06/20 03:36 PM
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thumb on the pulse? Not so much.

Here for the meltdowns
mark #564561 02/06/20 03:43 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, there's the honor system most guys abide by when they advertise, and then make a sale here. They pay Dave $12.00 for each sale.

And then there's your "Complete Lack of Honor System"

DON'T FEED THE FREE ADVERTISING GUNSMITH

mark #564562 02/06/20 03:46 PM
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

You have no idea what happens between Dave and I. The last gun I sold here I sent him 50$.

Here for the meltdowns
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.