April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Ted Schefelbein, Hal M Hare, FlyChamps, Skeeterbd, 1 invisible), 983 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,115
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Beats the hell out of me, but things are out of control. Local County Fair next week in Virginia. Wife told me she didn't want to go because she was afraid some nut with an Assault Rifle might shoot the place up because its a soft target. The fear is real folks.

PS. I had my niece who did home schooling after Newtown. This is Virginia, not exactly a liberal state for sure. Folks are damn well concerned.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

The red flag laws will be front and center in many divorce cases. Just like the false use of protective orders.

Curl

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: tut
Beats the hell out of me, but things are out of control. Local County Fair next week in Virginia. Wife told me she didn't want to go because she was afraid some nut with an Assault Rifle might shoot the place up because its a soft target. The fear is real folks.

PS. I had my niece who did home schooling after Newtown. This is Virginia, not exactly a liberal state for sure. Folks are damn well concerned.

Things are out of control because your wife and a niece are afraid? Who else, pray tell, is afraid?

Lets be honest, for just a moment. Your wife and niece werent afraid the previous week, when 59 people were gunned down in Chicago, but, they are now? Rationally speaking, if you withhold the firearms deaths from Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, New Orleans, and St. Louis, the good old US of A falls to near the bottom of the list for gun violence.

Why is that?

Your wife and niece are FAR more likely to be killed in a car wreak featuring a canabis addled 17 year old girl on a cell phone.

Are they afraid of that?

They should be.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well said, Ted.

As for me, I will not live in fear. I will go heeled, as I did earlier this evening as wife and I had supper out, and then bought groceries at the local Walmart. I will carry at church each Sunday, because I am a deacon in my church and feel very strongly it is my responsibility to protect the worshipers who come there in innocence, and cannot protect themselves. I am willing to become the target in an active shooter situation like that to protect the lives of the innocents. I will support the NRA, because without them we are toast. I will put my 2nd Amendment rights and the rights of the unborn and elderly at the top of my priorities when I decide how to cast my votes. And, I will never stop preaching it to my sons and grandchildren, as long as God gives me breath.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Rationally speaking, if you withhold the firearms deaths from Chicago, Detroit... and St. Louis..

Best,
Ted

Yeah but on the bright side we have 18 Stanley Cups between us.

King,

I have a bunch of Canadians over for dinner all the time and try to get a good political discussion going but all they want to talk about is....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
....Why is that?....

Not so curiously, the susceptibility to talking points is a big blue corporate trickle down entitlement.

Sidelock
Sidelock

well said, stan...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

as for trump and gun control...it is likely that he will veto any gun control legislation presented to him by congress before the election, justifiably claiming that said legislation is a violation of the second amendment...plus, the result of signing such legislation would cost him more votes than it would gain...

however, as we get closer to the election and if trump perceives the need for more votes, he may "do something", re gun control, via executive order, in an effort to pander for votes...after the election he can always rethink and resend his executive order or engineer a supreme court decision, that would declare his gun control executive order to be unconstitutional...

Last edited by ed good; 08/10/19 01:06 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

and as for being afraid, i am so glad that i live in a quaint and peaceful little village in new hampshire....

nothin much happens round here...which is a good thing...

Last edited by ed good; 08/10/19 01:15 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
well said, stan...

The wOrld must be ending Ed and Stanley are kissing up...

Guess next thing is Stan taking a bullet for Ed down at the local Walmart.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.