March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (SKB, FlyChamps, cpa, Dan S. W., Ken Nelson, 1 invisible), 807 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Originally Posted By: Thruxton

I'd be fascinated if you could tell me more about this "tyranny". In 1215 we had the Magna Carta which was a complete sea -change of citizens rights.

Fast forward to 1993 and kneel before your overlords in Brussels.

BoJo is trying to pull a Magna Carta and The Euros are telling him to piss off.

Clearly the subject is still an open wound for some and I have no wish to fight my ancestors battles for them but I'm pleased that you have the administration and constitution you wanted and,,richly deserve.
I do think its sad that we no longer have an Empire but I'm quite sure that someone will come along to expand their global influence in ways which they believe are for the good of the countries concerned,, with naturally all the trading benefits which may result from these concerns.

As our language becomes impoverished,,our thinking shrinks to fit.
Sidelock
Sidelock

"make the world england"...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Over the past five years especially I have spent a lot of time in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. Because we go way out of our way to do hands-on and DIY travel, nothing touristy, I could write a small book about our observations and experiences, unique among most visitors' experiences I am quite sure. Here are two takeways:
1) England and Scotland are nearly hopelessly politically correct, embracing Big Government with very little regard for individual liberties like freedom of speech, and
2) Many English truly believe that America did not bail them out in WWI and WWII
Both of these observations lead me, anyhow, to conclude that the British are incredibly insular and inward looking as a knee-jerk reaction against having been incredibly imperialistic, aka tyrannical. They are wearing blinders now and do not realize just how bad things are for them, or how they were perceived abroad.
Britain did indeed give the world the Magna Carta, and many other structures on which Western civilization is based. But now England is going backwards in every way. Hate to say it, but you guys there need another revolution (Britain had plenty). Time is running out so get to it. If your few good guys get the upper hand, I am sure that many American patriots will come help you straighten things out.

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
It's not that simple, Stan. Consider US debacle of Vietnam. Or the Bush Doctrine of the right to arbitrarily/preemptively invade any country and change its institutions if the US considered them inimical to its national interests. Iraq comes to mind. Standard procedure for empires: US propping up remnant of French colonial empire with its domino theory and then WMDs in Iraq. Don't recall any mention of taxation.

You're mixing up today's world with the 1770's. You can't do that and be credible.

It isn't that simple ............ today. But, it was then!!! And it was tyranny, Thruxton notwithstanding.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

stan, war is never simple... it was not so then and it is not so now...

our revolt against british tyranny was very much a complex civil war...

and like most wars, it was really about money and power...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan it's called the Joe Biden effect.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: PALUNC
Just saw on a video from Fieldsports Britain that pigeon and crow shooting has been banned. Along with some other species.
Pigeon shooting is a big thing in the UK and it helps the farmers out as well.

Doesn't much matter...in a few years England will be ruled by Muslims

Sidelock
Sidelock

muslims hunt wid hawks...as did the english long ago...

did ah eva tell you bout mah grouse huntin owl, his name were henry, as ah re call...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good

did ah eva tell you bout mah grouse huntin owl, his name were henry, as ah re call...

Years ago you told me his name was Benny. Your mind is slipping ed. whistle Better freshen up the old brain with some of King's "Lydia Pinkam's Elixer". wink

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

yeah, yeah, benny is da owl...henry, he wuz ah chicken hawk...had to shoot henry, murderin little bastard dat he wuz...

now benny, he ran off one spring... wint way up north wid dis here snowy white beauty, wid da bright blues eyes...sware he stopped by last winter, cant be sure...or wuz hit winter befo last? ah fur gits...

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.