April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Argo44, Skeeterbd, Ted Schefelbein, dukxdog, 1 invisible), 879 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,832
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Isis destroyed Palmyra because they are intolerant. As are you. Any comparison was only pointing that out.
It is not necessary for me to tar you to illustrate that.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well Ted, if my belief that humanity should be above having to rationalize fairy tales for the sake of an imaginary afterlife while turning a blind eye to the point of condoning child molestation... Color me intolerant! I just can't tolerate that. I know, I know... thats a character flaw around here where we are oh so very tolerant of others.

Last edited by nca225; 04/17/19 09:18 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225
....if my belief that humanity should be above having to rationalize fairy tales for the sake of an imaginary afterlife while turning a blind eye to the point of condoning child molestation... Color me intolerant! I just can't tolerate that. I know, I know... thats a character flaw around here where we are oh so very tolerant of others.

Yabut nca, if it was built as a temple to fairy tales and child molestation, can you figure out why your buddies the French are rebuilding it? Don't knock it just yet, it may turn out looking like a temple for you true believers, the religion of leftism. If they display phallic silicone art in vats of urine, will you make an annual pilgrimage to worship with the like minded tolerant?

Argo44 Online Content OP
Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

Sorry I started this line. I have French spouse, sons, in-laws and what happens there affects me. The fire probably was an accident but it is an unexplained accident. I was extremely upset and with the daily demonstration of how centrally controlled from Paris France really is, right down to having news anchors fired because Brigette didn't like them, or being able to ban grocery store sales because "it might hurt the farmer," I was skeptical that a clear accident investigation would get to the bottom of anything.

But I didn't mean to start a political spitting match yet again. Let's wait to see what comes out. Right now there is a lot of anger in the French...and they want to hear more from the 32 year old whose firm was one of the ones working on the building. I know that in Washington DC, you start renovating a building, you'll have a fire extinguisher every 5 yards. I somehow doubt that this intense obsession with safety applies in Europe. In the meantime, let's wait and see.

And no one here supports ISIS or terrorists. Since I started this mess...I suppose I could delete it...but I learned something about welding I must say...and about lead.

Last edited by Argo44; 04/17/19 10:14 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Let me take a crack at it! Plow Notre Dame under and make it a park. It doesn't get my knickers in a knot. I see where it comes from. It's an opinion. One of Canada's most distinguished radio broadcasters said on national radio and to the world the Roman Catholic Church is "the biggest criminal organization in the world outside the Mafia."

Not a peep. I like to think his listeners have pretty good critical judgement. We also know that, as a cultured person, Michael Enright would see much to admire in the Church, its organizational skills and traditional role as champion of the poor. I think the same way. Notre Dame is more than a church to the world, as is the wall in Arlington more than a monument to a nation's sacrifice to me.

I'd like to think we've outgrown the notion of simple solutions to everything.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: dal
". With the huge Muslim population in France, it doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to see the possibilities."

I guess you consider 6% of the population huge. Ever been there?

Yes. You might have gathered that from my comment about looking at the windows from the stone floor.

Mike

Tolerance: the abolition of absolutes

Consistency is the currency of credibility
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sources: Jack J. Murphy, chairman of the Fire Safety Directors Association of Greater New York; Jim Lygate, visiting professor of fire investigation at University of Edinburgh; Guillermo Rein, professor of fire science at Imperial College London.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/17/world/europe/notre-dame-cathedral-fire-spread.html

Good Shooting
T.C.
The Green Isle
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Argo44
Sorry I started this line....

....I didn't mean to start a political spitting match yet again....

....Since I started this mess...I suppose I could delete it....

I think you have generously shared some of the best of traditional French culture in a personal way. You are a fortunate man. I challenge you to reread nca's comments and conclude that they're trivial, he's speaking his truth.

Argo44 Online Content OP
Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

Notre Dame de Paris is owned by the French Republic...the state. It is part of the patrimony and history of France itself. It is a holy site. it is also the equivalent of the Washington Monument, Independence Hall, and the US Capital building all rolled into one. And for 1000 years you could not understand France without understanding the three legs of French society...the King (state), the Army and the Catholic Church.

To advocate "plowing it under"....and French revolutionaries did so...as the Bolsheviks did in Soviet Russia...would be the equivalent of Madame Mao's banning of Chinese culture during the Cultural Revolution. It would be Philistine vandalism and sacrilege.

Trolls are trolls. They contribute nothing intellecutually but provocation. I started this line because of my respect for France and its culture and contribution to humanity. It is now devolved into mindless political vomit. Have a nice day.

Last edited by Argo44; 04/18/19 08:19 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.