May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Researcher, Argo44, Der Ami, obsessed-with-doubles, Jusanothajoe, HalfaDouble), 237 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,530
Posts545,891
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
OP Offline

Any of you folks ever come across any of these? Would like to find a couple.

Jeff Hren
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jeff, Tom Ondrus is having them re-cast as I write this. There is only going to be 50 made to begin with to test the water. Having engraved a few & own one, I can state they are the most accurate SS rifle out of the box I have ever run across. Contact me at my home address & I'll give you the info you are looking for. Ken kenhurst@cox.net 910-221-5288

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288

Wickliffe Rifles were made in Wickliffe, Ohio in the late '70's. I think that they had tax problems and lost the business. The mfg. equipment was bought by a local gunsmith, Ed Medves, and he would make a Wickliffe Rifle in any cal. until a few years ago when he passed away. I had Ed make one for me in .223 cal. . As Ken Hurst stated, they are very accurate and the action is extremely strong.

Sidelock
Sidelock

you are right Mig ---- the problem was that Tom Kocis who developed the rifle, needed a money man to back the business. He found one who knew nothing about the firearm business but needed to invest money in a loosing business for a write off. The rifle really took off --- Elmer Keith and Bob Steinler (writers) both received an off the shelf rifle within a few days of asking at the YO ranch where they wewre to hunt. Elmer told me it was the most accurate out of the box SS he had ever seen & they both loved it. When the invester discovered he was making lots of money , he immediately shut the place down. There were many, many orders still waiting del. but he wouldn't fill them. The parts were sold to others who wanted them, perhaps the guy you mentioned. Tom Ondrus now has the remains of these parts and has built some rifles, I have one. He is having some actions cast by original casting co. and I have put him in touch with another co. to use that is better. I have redesigned my action to imp[rove it's looks & lighten it. Perhaps in the future it too will be avaulable. Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288

Jeez! And I grew up right next to Wickliffe in Willowick, OH! The history of guns never cease to amaze me!

Mike Doerner

Mike - I grew up in Wickliffe and still live there. The Wickliffe 76 rifle Co. was on E. 289th St. off Euclid Ave. Ed Medves (the gunsmith I mentioned) lived in Willowick.

OP Offline

My father & his best friend are going to Oklahoma to the Biggest gun show in the country in a week or so, I am going to have him look around for a Wickliffe. If I can not find one there, I will run a add for some around here. I also would like to see a couple of the Rifles this new guy is building.Tom Ondrus Is the guy having new actions Cast?
Thanks for any info you guys can get me. Jeff Hren.

Jeff Hren
Sidelock
Sidelock

Contact Tom at cabletools@alltel.net --- tell him Ken Hurst sent you.

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hrenegade,
Your Dad and his best friend are headed to the correct place to look. I'll bet I've looked at a dozen or so in the past 4-5 years at the Tulsa show.

Ken, I would like to see how you've modified the action. They are definetly not.......svelt.

Regards,
Ken

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken N. ----- send me an email and I'll send you pictures of both sides of action. Ken

kenhurst@cox.net

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.