April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (CJ Dawe), 1,058 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well part of AFT is not working. I have a form 6 permit that they returned and the AFT did not completely correctly.

I found who processed it and tried to call him, left three messages his voice mail. Not reply. That is not totally unusual as very rarely do they ever return and messages, you just have to keep calling. Not sure why they even have voice mail.

I talked to the lady who directs the calls and asked her is anybody back in the imports branch and asked if they were closed. She said we are told the people that call in that it is business as usual. After I told her what had happen, she connected me to the district director. Left a message on his voice mail.

I was surprised he called me back. He said they were closed because of the gov. shutdown and no one could help me correct their mistake. I was just going to have to wait. So, I have an AYA waiting to be shipped.

Just an interesting story

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have several form 6 applications that I am waiting for approval on and a shipment on the way. I sure hope CBP is fully manned.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Build the wall

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

I contacted ATF with a minor issue. I had a long hold time then was told they would put in the request but it would not be processed till after the shut down. In my case that's OK.

Sidelock
Sidelock

We are SKB, just going on 18 days of working without being paid for it. We still have to show up, and in many cases get forced to work overtime, with the promise that we will get paid for the time at some point later on. Rather frustrating! But sometimes worthwhile things ing life are

NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mark

I am sure there are a lot of permits backup just sitting in their offices. I would be willing to bet when they get back to work it will still be long wait for things to get done. Or they could do like they do in houston, if the mailman has to many pieces of mail to deliver they just toss in the trash

John

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

When you hire someone to blow things up, sometimes theres collateral damage.

Its the law of unintended consequences at work.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Whichever way publics want to see it, tip your hat to the Founding Fathers. They mused seriously about ordinary people being smart enough to govern themselves. All the wisdom in the world, all the checks and balances, can't protect from grotesqueries in democracies.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Whichever way publics want to see it, tip your hat to the Founding Fathers. They mused seriously about ordinary people being smart enough to govern themselves. All the wisdom in the world, all the checks and balances, can't protect from grotesqueries in democracies.

Great word King. Grotesqueries And there are so many of them. Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, AOC, Hillary, Cory Booker, Maxine Waters....it just goes on and on.

Last edited by canvasback; 01/09/19 02:46 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

jes buil da dam wall!

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.