April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (graybeardtmm3, Upland 28, welder, Licensed to kill), 1,177 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,140
Members14,409
Most Online1,271
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
775 Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a Win 1200 with briley thinwalls..... mod lead and full steel shoot dead on, full lead shoots everything over a foot low at 40......

Ms. Raven
builder Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ted,
Thank you for the way you handled the wording of your response. I agree with you about the time I must put into deciding how or if I adjust the gun.

So far I know the barrels are printing at 16 yards 8" apart. I know I used IC/mod choke tubes. I know I can adjust the stock to shoot 4" either side of center.

I doubt it is the choke tube but I have extended tubes from another gun that I know are good and will try that. There is a Black Friday shoot at the club that has the patterning board so I can check that and try Coosa's method if necessary.

Briley and Carlson do not have flush replacement tubes, only extended. I have not checked trulock yet but I know they have extended tubes.

I spoke to Briley and I can send the barrel with the pattern at 30 yards and they will give me an eccentric tube and cut it flush for $125 each plus shipping. That seems like a good way to do it if they shoot to the right place when I am done. They do it mathematically, not by patterning.

I just got off the phone with Dean from Skeets gun shop and he says it is common to find choke tubes that are way off and try other tubes before going any further.

At least it will be in the mid thirties Friday.

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

Builder, 2 friends have the FAIR Iside in 28g. They shoot here often. Their scores have gone down since using the new guns. Maybe they have bbl regulation issues too? I just tell them that's what happens when you shoot Eurotrash!! laugh

Mike Koneski

MOLON LABE
builder Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well, it certainly is not a LeFever but it is a lot lighter!

builder Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

So the weather wasn't so bad to day and I patterned the Iside with the extended choke from my other gun. I used IC (rt. barrel) and LM (left barrel) and found they shot exactly where the original flush chokes shot. The advantage to these are the knurled fronts are substantially thicker than a flush choke and it doesn't hurt to add an inch and a half in length to the barrels. It looks a bit funny but at least they are the black ones so unless you look close it is hard to tell.

I used Coosa's method and in half an hour or less the left barrel printed on the money. What a relief!

Thank you all for all your suggestions and encouragement. I must admit I was surprised that it worked. The first filing moved the pattern right a bit but it was more like extending the pattern and the new area was sparse. The second filing moved the whole pattern maybe 6 inches right which fortunately was exactly what I needed. It was also a round pattern again. I should have taken before and after pics. We were high fiving!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Congrats on getting it to shoot right!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good deal, Builder!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well done, Milt. Now you can shoot it with confidence. In the prior condition you could not have, and it would have cost you birds and cripples.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Milt,
Congrats, some work definitely payed off to getting the gun to where it needs to be for you.
Turd in the punch bowl time. You will need to pattern ALL the loads you anticipate using in the gun to find out where they print. It would be nice to print a load or two and assume they all go to the same place.

Don’t bother asking me how I know this.

Good luck with the “repaired” gun.

Best,
Ted

builder Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ted, It is very light gun at 6lbs 4 oz. so it is likely I will shoot only Herter's Low recoil loads for sporting clays. I have a lot of them and I don't see any difference in my scores with faster or heavier loads. I hope Cabelas keeps offering them on sale. When next fall comes and I am thinking upland game it will be time to try other loads and maybe other choke tubes.

I have plenty of guns to choose from but for now I am still excited at the thought of shooting and hunting with this gun. I am hoping for a mild winter.

What I cannot accept is the poor quality control nor the way Fair brushed me aside and would not stand behind the gun. I hope others have a better experience but after hearing Mike of the Mountain's experience it sounds like it may be more prevalent than I would have thought. I assumed I was just unlucky to get a new FAIR Iside that patterned poorly.

Last edited by builder; 11/24/18 04:03 PM.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.