March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Ted Schefelbein, Marc Ret, graybeardtmm3, Ian Forrester, 1 invisible), 832 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith - I agree that other factors were probably involved, like species ranges reduced by ice, making small populations more vulnerable. But big mammals breed very slowly, and people no doubt acted like other predators and focused on the babies - much safer. It takes a couple of hunters to distract mom while another kills the kid - lions hyenas, killer whales, and wolves use this tactic, and highly efficient human hunters with dogs could have had much of their impact this way. We probably also wiped out whole herds at a time, like the buffalo jumps in the west. Once favored prey species were seriously reduced by man, predators may then have turned to smaller prey, further impacting those species.

I would not assume that human numbers remained low very long - humans found two whole continents full of naive prey and could have increased in number and range rapidly due to abundant food. Fascinating to speculate about, and our generation is witnessing the end stages of the process.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You can assume all kinds of scenarios....but the genetic DNA link shows divine intervention not of this world.

Religious people claim it all came out of the middle east created by one God....of course it's their God.

Darwinian's claim man just crawled out of a mud hole a million years ago.

Common sense tells me because of the different races of people and various ancient religions on this planet that Earth was seeded by several different Gods...aka Aliens to our planet.

Sidelock
Sidelock

CZ, my apologies for my assumption. You must be very proud of HER!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've already been laughing at jOe's use of "pristiness...." in the English gun thread but this one makes my morning. "Common sense tells me......" You can't make this stuff up. Thanks for the chuckles jOe.

BTW, Darwin specifically does not tell us than man crawled out of a mud hole a million years ago.

And I'm pretty sure there are billions of religious people today who would disagree about your one god from the Middle East theory. Come on jOe, at least try. Bwahahahaha!

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
You can assume all kinds of scenarios....but the genetic DNA link shows divine intervention not of this world.

Religious people claim it all came out of the middle east created by one God....of course it's their God.

Darwinian's claim man just crawled out of a mud hole a million years ago.

Common sense tells me because of the different races of people and various ancient religions on this planet that Earth was seeded by several different Gods...aka Aliens to our planet.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not all large mammal species are in decline:

But whether you believe in Darwinism, or a Divine gift of dominion of man over all other species, we shouldn't be surprised when humans overtake those other species. The question is whether our superior intelligence and abilities will lead us to replenish that which we've depleted, or whether we will destroy ourselves first. I think it will probably be a pandemic due to antibiotic resistance. Or perhaps some new strain of virus that overwhelms us due to overpopulation and global travel that will thin our herd considerably. The Yellowstone supervolcano is a bit overdue as well. If some of us survive, we may learn a few lessons and go on.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My wife bought me an "Ancestry" test for a present. It turns out that I am descended from all the various folks that the Brits replaced with sheep in the northern British Isles (Farewell, you bonny ewe!). And have a really excellent chance of sharing genes with Neanderthals.

She say she wasn't surprised a bit by either finding....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, I'm with the American Indians on this. They're not voluntarily getting DNA from me.

This is from a 2018 report about the accuracy of these tests. The question was asked "What are the privacy issues with these tests?"

Originally Posted By: Sheldon Krimsky
The companies offering these tests largely make their money not from doing the tests, but from selling the genetic information to other companies interested in having access to large genetic databases. Almost 50 percent of the firms that sell you your ancestry information turn around and sell your genetic information to some other company.

Often these are pharmaceutical companies trying to understand how variations in certain sections of the human genome may be useful in drug development. (Certain drugs may not function as well in a person carrying certain mutations, so the companies want to find the frequency of these mutations in the population.) Only about 10 percent of the companies that offer ancestry tests destroy your original sample; the vast majority hold onto your sample or sell it. So it’s not just the data, but your actual saliva, that’s being shopped around.

The companies offering testing services often go up for sale, and their privacy policies typically indicate that they bear no responsibility for your privacy once the company is sold—anything you signed is not reliable anymore. Many of the companies have privacy policies that state they can be changed at any time without notifying previous signers. In effect, you need to keep in contact with the company and keep yourself up-to-date on its policy. How many people are going to do that?

There’s also a lot of concern that even though your name is not listed on the database, when the data is sold to somebody, the records can be de-anonymized. It has happened before—people have been able to take genetic information with no name on it and, through other databases, find the name associated with that genetic material.

No, thank you.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you are not guilty of something then what could it matter ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't seem to have any opinion on the wisdom of DNA testing. However, if I get it done it sure won't be by that Louis Gates guy on TV. He enjoys it way too much...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
If you are not guilty of something then what could it matter ?

If you think proving guilt or innocence is the only thing DNA is being used for you need to get out more.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.