March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Kip, Sandlapper, old colonel, Jtplumb, 2 invisible), 764 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,012
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
Sidelock
Sidelock

Have to bring this back. - Escargot last night. Those giant Snails were dangerous....I debated using 9 shot....couldn't decide whether I needed steel or could use lead...are they water/marsh denizens or upland wood critters....so I used a nerf gun.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

The best escargot I ever had was served up at a long closed piano bar in Northeast Minneapolis called, Evette. They were the size of prawns, broiled in what seemed like a cup of garlic butter.
My French hosts when I was last in St. Etienne were stunned to be in the presence of an American who didnt drink Coke with every meal, and decided to attempt to find something I would turn my nose up at, unaware my depression era parents had raised me to be ready and willing to eat anything I could overpower. They tried escargot, in a cream sauce, and decidedly inferior to the plate I had in Northeast, years before, duck liver salad, swimming in hockey puck sized duck livers, the color of massive hematomas, blood sausage, hare in wine (delish) and other odd eats. I considered the trip to be a showcase event of European beers I couldnt get here in the states, and had beer with every meal.
They admitted they had failed to get the laugh they hoped for. I ate everything they threw at me.
The snails look wonderful, Gene. Best I could do on short notice, a shot of yesterdays bone in country style pork ribs, after the smoke was gone, and just before hitting the plate. I grille all winter long.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

That looks delicious Ted. I'm down to using a Haibachi, though my son does grill all winter as well. Hope we continue these postings through Christmas.

Its true that the French eat a lot of things we normally don't - a huge variety rivaled only by the Chinese. But they've figured out how to make it all delicious.

As I said my wife Genevive periodically goes on cooking strikes and I'm back to roasting chickens, and grilling steaks. She just had to do too many diplomatic dinners on three continents. But occasionally she goes back to her traditions, usually when the boys are in town. Here is a real French fruit tart she made last week when oldest (lives in Portland, Or. and NYC) visited. That cream base on the pastry is almost impossible to do by recipe - you really have to watch what she does (and when) to understand.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

You guys are killing me with the food pics! For the last four years, Emily has devoted her life to raising two of our granddaughters who live next door. She gets up at 5:45 every morning and stays over there till 5:00. Then she's too worn out to cook. That was ok when I had a job, but now I've retired its getting old.

Yesterday for lunch I opened a can of sardines in mustard sauce and made a sandwich. I'd have taken a pic for you but it didn't look any better than it tasted. Funny how sardines and viennees taste so much better when you eat them as a hunting lunch or on a boat!...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

George, you forgot to include potted meat and spam.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Mike Covington
George, you forgot to include potted meat and spam.

I think I'll go for the canned smoked oysters for lunch today...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll feed ya George. Come on over

Sidelock
Sidelock

This is an older picture, but it is the recipe I'll be doing tonight

Pheasant curry

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry to see that you have the flu BrentD. But it wasn't necessary to show us a picture of your vomit.

I wonder what snails, vomit, or sardines has to do with double shotguns?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

KY Jon Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Keith thats a bit ignorant. If you dont like the food thread just dont read it. Several meals have been very interesting and mostly centered on game.

Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.