May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (Argo44, MrCrockett, Lawrence Kotchek, Hammergun, 2 invisible), 683 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,505
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Flintfan,

Your analysis as to family genetics is right on the money, as of this time Turkey have been unaffected by WNV in the wild, no decent WNV Grouse study has been done to prove WNV is effecting them so far. I have read nothing on the effects of WVN on Pheasants to this time. If you would happen to have some info as to how WNV is effecting Pheasants please post that information for everyone to read.

Ryman Gun Dog
L.C. Smith Man

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Beans,
Your home state was where the alarm began sounding about WNV in Ruffed Grouse. In the studies I have read, WNV has been found in Pennsylvania Ruffed Grouse for years.

Galliformes are not as closely related in this country as Corvids are. There may be few conclusions to draw in a comparison of infection and mortality rate between the two.
Good idea, but, perhaps not good science.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Blue Jays were one of my favorite birds they alerted me to a lot of game over the years.

Years back dead Jays were laying everywhere and all tested tested positive for WNV. It's a rare occurrence to see one today.

The question I have is how the hell did WNV get in our country...it had to come in with a group of muzlums.

Maybe Larry our local Muzlum loving ex'spurt can tell us how WNV got here.

Right now, we're not doing a very good job letting the ones in that have been "vetted" by acting as interpreters with our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. That's after promising them visas:

www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/they-fought-te...2027?li=BBnb7Kz

Long article, but the last sentence--a quote from an Army officer whose life was saved by his interpreter--pretty much sums it up:

"The most important equipment that I had for my survival and, more importantly, the survival of the soldiers under my purview, was the interpreter standing next to me."

Those of us who've operated in foreign countries pretty much understand that if we don't speak the language, then we'd better have some local who can speak Arabic in Iraq, or Dari or Pushto in Afghanistan, and who also understands the local culture. Those Muslim volunteers are risking their lives, and--as the quote makes clear--play a critical role in making sure that fewer Americans come home in body bags.

What Muzlum brought West Nile into the United States ?

As usual you gave us a muzlum loving horse crap run around with no answer.

Truth is there is no way to vet anyone from any one of those countries.

I ask again which muzlim brought West Nile into our country?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted Schefelbein,
thanks for your post and sorry it got derailed. We should start a nonpolitical thread and talk about grouse sometime.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nothing political about West Nile Virus in birds.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I ask again which muzlim brought West Nile into our country? [/quote]
Let's talk about grouse sometime.

Sidelock
Sidelock

How you think West Nile Virus got here ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Mummy brought it, J0e.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe that about like eYe believe sand fleas and the camel jockeys that live there built the great pyramids....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe

As usual you gave us a muzlum loving horse crap run around with no answer.

Truth is there is no way to vet anyone from any one of those countries.

I ask again which muzlim brought West Nile into our country?

Actually Clueless Joe . . . that'd be winning wars loving crap. If we're going to fight them, it's really best to win them--suffering as few American casualties as possible. Makes no difference if we're working with the Hmongs to fight Communists in Laos, or with Muslims to fight terrorists in Iraq or Afghanistan or Somalia or Mali or Libya or Syria or Yemen. Of course if you've never been boots on the ground where you don't speak the language and you're trying to work with the locals . . . And having them fighting alongside you . . . yeah, that's the best possible method of vetting.

Who knows whether ANY Muslim brought West Nile here? But we do know that white Europeans brought smallpox to the Indians, don't we?

Last edited by L. Brown; 07/30/18 09:07 AM.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.