April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (SKB, Marks_21, Hammergun), 443 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,233
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

You could always go to Southeast DC, but thats more of a pistol club. Not much in the way of sporting clays. :>)

Sidelock
Sidelock

I shoot at Bull Run regularly. As others have mentioned, Bull Run offers trap, skeet, wobble trap, 5-stand, and sporting clays. The clays course has 14 stations, each station with multiple automated traps. It is possible to shoot solo as the automated traps can be shot using a delay.

Bull Run does offer shotgun rentals and has ammunition available for purchase onsite.

Depending on the day of the week and time of day, traffic from Alexandria can range from an easy 40 minute ride to a frustrating 1:30. Weekdays, going TO Alexandria from BR will be brutal in the morning commute and going TO BR from Alexandria will be tough in the late afternoon. Middle of the day will work best. Weekends will be no problem.

Good luck - if you are interested in having some shooters join you, I'm sure some from the board who are local may be able to make it.

Ken

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jose, I'd love to join you at Bull Run but will be in Africa again for a couple of months. However, there are enough DGS contributors in the area to make the trip out there interesting and worthwhile.

Good one eeb!

Last edited by Argo44; 07/10/18 11:45 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gentlemen:

Thank you for your kind offer to shot with me some sporting clays.
I am sure I will enjoy a lot sharing with you, but sadly I just need to cancel my trip because of work isues.

My wife and son still will go to Washington (we have air tikets already paid!), but my wife is not a shotgun fanatic (my son, just like me, is a pasionate quail hunter), so she prefers to go to museums, art, culture... and shoping, of course.

I really apreciate your propousal to shot some clays with me, that speakes a lot about the kind of persons that are you.

Best,

Jose M. Fernandez
Sidelock
Sidelock

Your wife and son will enjoy the Smithsonian on the Mall here in DC. She can easily take in the Freer and African art museums by Metro from Alexandria and then lunch at either the American Indian Museum or, my favorite, in the old National Gallery of Art building that has a sit-down caf of good atmosphere. Then the afternoon at the National Gallery where the Da Vinci masterpiece Ginevra is on display and then next door in the IM Pei National Gallery building for whatever is on modern there. Across the street (Constitution Ave. NW) are the National Archives.

A great place to go is the Philips, which is closer to Dupont Circle, also Metro accessible. Google to see what's on there in the way of special exhibitions.

Not sure what interests her in shopping, but the Tiny Jewel Box at Connecticut Ave. & M St. NW is very good, and, if she wants to outfit you, it's just across the street from Brooks Bros. clothing. For a smaller and less expensive place, go into Compton's on G St. NW just half a block west of the Old Executive Office Building and ask Susan for either sale items or estate jewelry.

I'd still have gone to Prince George's County from Alexandria as it's a pretty straight shot up the eastern side of DC: 14th St. bridge; southeast expressway leading to Baltimore-Washington Parkway; then off at the Greenbelt exit and a few miles east to the turn north that will eventually get you there...

Regards, Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Did the PG range used to be a Winchester course back in the 70's and 80's?

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Yes. Sponsored by Winchester when I started shooting there in the mid 70's.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Tim,

Thank you for give us those great sugestions to visit while in Washington.
I already print them and give to my wife.

Best,

Jose M. Fernandez
Sidelock
Sidelock

You are welcome, Jose.

Regards, Tim

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.