March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Travis S, 12boreman, MattH), 623 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,025
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27
Sidelock
Sidelock

My middle son did a lot of research on ticks in college and as a postgrad. They are as hardy as they can be. -10 to 120 degrees for most ticks can be easily survived. Extreme wet or dry makes no difference. Most chemicals do not bother them. With females producing 3,000-6,000 eggs rapid population growth is always right around the corner. And they happily accept ant warm blooded mammal as a food source. A very tough little arachnoid. Insects you can bait, but not arachnoids. Fresh host or meals only.

In his lab they raised different types of ticks. Sometimes times would have a million ticks in the fridge or light freezer. Use to make my skin crawl to go into that lab. He was trying to see what environment stresses made ticks weaker and what chemicals were more effective under different conditions. That way your chemical controls could be more effective. He will tell you if ticks have souls he is dambed because he figures he has killed millions if not tens of millions of them.

Since baby quail are an excellent way to reduce tick numbers, they eat them like candy, I think the Federal Government needs to spend countless millions oo billions of dollars on reintroducing quail back into their native range as a natural, chemical free way to reduce ticks and all the tick born diseases they spread. The first thousand birds can be released on my farms, followed by repeated releases to bring bird numbers up and tick numbers down. No more than a decade or two will be needed to see if the program works. As a test of its effectiveness Ill harvest birds in the Fall and check myself and dog for ticks. If any are found we can increase the number of quail released next year. Might need other volunteers to help with this important study. Im sure others here will volunteer in the name of the children and science.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Georgia Southern has a tick research facility and has the United States National Tick Collection. Eat your heart out Harvard. What a distinction for the 'Boro. http://cosm.georgiasouthern.edu/usntc/ A buddy's farm was studied for tick population and the researcher put a quantity of dry ice on a blanket and dragged it through the woods and left it for hours and came back. The blanket was covered with ticks. They are attracted to CO2 which is the component of dry ice.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225

It seems that one of the causes of the increasing spread of lyme disease is climate change.

I recall you support the party that denies climate change.

Nature is not without a sense of irony right?

Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
nca225: This makes you happy?

This is precisely the kind of crap that makes nca225 happy.

And it is the reason that if I had a choice between living with ticks or Liberal Left Democrats, I'd choose the ticks every time.

By the way, climate change and sub-freezing temperatures has little or nothing to with survival of ticks. They survive quite nicely under a bed of leaves under the snow, and do even better when they are nestled on a warm deer hide. I've had dozens of them drop off of deer I shot in sub-freezing, and even sub-zero temperatures, when I hang them to cool and bleed out before processing.

http://www.hiltonratcliffe.com/the-myths-of-man-made-climate-change/

And for all you Southerners, here's a link with information from NOAA documenting how Winters in Georgia have been getting colder in recent years, with more ice and snow:

http://ready.ga.gov/pressrelease/winter-forecast-projects-colder-and-wetter-weather-conditions/

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
nca225, there's a time and place for everything and this isn't the time.

I am astounded by nca's post, and I can't believe that it represents his true feelings. Losing the 2016 Prez election has unhinged the liberals in America. I've posted before: Liberals and conservatives no longer disagree with one another, they hate each other...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern

I am astounded by nca's post, and I can't believe that it represents his true feelings. Losing the 2016 Prez election has unhinged the liberals in America. I've posted before: Liberals and conservatives no longer disagree with one another, they hate each other...Geo

Give a man enough rope and he'll hang himself.........

Don't be astounded, Geo. It's their nature. I don't hate them..........I hate what they stand for.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Show me what a man stands for, what he believes, and what issues forth from his mouth, and I'll show you who he is.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Georgia Southern has a tick research facility and has the United States National Tick Collection. Eat your heart out Harvard. What a distinction for the 'Boro. http://cosm.georgiasouthern.edu/usntc/ A buddy's farm was studied for tick population and the researcher put a quantity of dry ice on a blanket and dragged it through the woods and left it for hours and came back. The blanket was covered with ticks. They are attracted to CO2 which is the component of dry ice.

I saw them using dry ice to check the population levels of ticks on a TV show years back...I don't doubt it being true but its' hard to imagine that's how they are attracted to prey.

A good buddy of mine told me he saw on the news earlier this year where there are some new tick borne diseases that almost make Lyme look like a bad cold.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan

Don't be astounded, Geo. It's their nature. I don't hate them..........I hate what they stand for.

SRH

Their goal is the destruction of the United States any way they can.

Planned parent hood...originally thought up to control the black and poor and uneducated population.

That goes had in hand with open boarders...destroy a country from within or demolish their culture.

I'll say it I hate their damn guts and I'm proud of it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: Stan

SRH

Their goal is the destruction of the United States any way they can.

Planned parent hood...originally thought up to control the black and poor and uneducated population.

That goes had in hand with open boarders...destroy a country from within or demolish their culture.

I'll say it I hate their damn guts and I'm proud of it.

How is having to deal with more unwanted babies going to help us? I support pro-choice movement and distribution of free contraceptives.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe

Some speculation that Lyme disease originated in a military lab on an island right out from Lyme Connecticut and it was developed by the US Military as a weapon.

Yes indeed . . . ran across those facts when I worked for the CIA. AIDs was also a biological warfare experiment gone wrong, which we then turned loose on the country's gay and black communities. Just ask Maxine Waters for verification. She'll also tell you that the CIA was responsible for the crack epidemic in the ghetto.

For people who claim they don't like liberals, some folks here can certainly suck up liberal hogwash by the gallon.

Page 4 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.