April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Drew Hause, Dan R, canvasback, ithaca1, ChiefC, Lloyd3), 632 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,816
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

The most recent Lefever double I bought was shipped to a local FFL for transfer. It was shipped broken down and very securely packed, and in no way resembled a gun. In fact, the crowning touch was that the seller had the box taped with Rock Auto packing tape. I wish I could get some of that packing tape because the package literally screamed that it contained automobile parts.

All was not perfect however. It was shipped by UPS, and the package was mistakenly delivered to a Walgreens Drug Store in a neighboring town according to the tracking info. The address on the package didn't even remotely look like the address where it was actually delivered, so the driver must have been smoking crack or something... he was probably a Liberal Democrat. My FFL retrieved the package and told me some other stories about shipping incompetence by UPS and Fed Ex. But the point here is that a package that doesn't resemble a gun is far less likely to attract the attention of thieves or nosy postal or shipping employees.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

for stan: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beecher%27s_Bibles

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

for ed good:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consequentialism

You would still be lying.................regardless your reason for doing so. The end does not justify the means.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 06/08/18 05:49 AM. Reason: clarification

May God bless America and those who defend her.
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I rely on the USPS for gun shipment and always send them Registered. For insurance I rely on my Eastern gun policy. I have more problems with FedEx and UPS shipments to my house, usually because the regular drivers are not driving and the replacements deliver to the wrong address. This happens a handful of times a year. Just this week we received books ordered in February which had been delivered to the wrong address by UPS. I have had packages sit in my foyer awaiting pickup for several weeks by UPS when it had delivered to the wrong address and I couldn't locate the intended recipient. I have never had a USPS employee ask to inspect my shipments. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Never had a problem. Just be careful lying or being deceptive. If for some reason it ended up missing or damaged and you need to make a claim you may have problems then.

Last edited by Woody402; 06/08/18 07:37 AM.
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Woody402
Never had a problem. Just be careful lying or being deceptive. If for some reason it ended up missing or damaged and you need to make a claim you may have problems then.

Yep. Insurers make money by taking premiums and not paying claims. If there is a way to dodge coverage they will and not accurately stating contents will void coverage every time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've had no problem with shipping guns or parts but I live in a small town. One day, the mailman delivered an old Scott sidelock. He said to my wife, "I see George got another shotgun". He would only have known if they had opened the package. Some of my magazines used to have the wrapper slit open and then resealed. I really didn't mind if someone read my Gray's Journal or Shooting Sportsman before I got a look. As long as they didn't mess it up for me to read.

Sidelock
Sidelock

cum on stan, lighten up, it was a joke...and you should know better than to call someone who grew up south of you a liar...

Last edited by ed good; 06/08/18 08:35 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

All USPO delivery is by USPO employees, most value their jobs and try to do it right. Majority of UPS packages handled by employees, except during peak times when temporary employees are hired. The temps want to be permanent and have a good work ethic.

Majority of FedEx delivery is by subcontractors who hire drivers at low wages Delivery Subcontractors work fast & generally not concerned about miss delivery. I dont trust FedEx for secure package delivery. Pet peeve with FedEx is knock and run before you can get to the door, requiring a trip to the FedEx center to get your package.

Boats

steve f Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I shipped the gun this morning (Fri) Insured, Priority Mail, Atlanta to Vancouver WA (Mark Larson). Delivery is scheduled for Monday. No problems at all, the USPS clerk didn't ask and I didn't tell. Thanks for all the info.

Edit. Normally I'd have waited until Mon to ship to avoid the gun sitting in some warehouse over the weekend, but I'm not sure packages sit around in warehouses any longer. I've recently mailed some items with USPS on Sat. and had them arrive Mon. morning at a location 300 miles away. The tracking info showed them passing through different postal facilities on both Sat & Sun, so they were in transit and not sitting.

Last edited by steve f; 06/08/18 11:47 AM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.