April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (earlyriser, Lloyd3, Ducks Rx, rtw), 893 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,821
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Daryl Hallquist
You don't show all pictures of what I think may be the Ansell Patent locking mechanism. It consists of a thumb push opening button which depresses the locking pin between the ribs in the barrel breech which is shown on your picture Ansell 2. I have a cased bar action sidelock with that patent which was apparently made for a seller James Smyth who may have had a shingle in South Africa. Apparently, if yours has this Ansell patent, it is a fairly early gun. I think the Ansell patent locking mechanism did not find a lot of acceptance.

Your gun shows an under lever, which probably depresses the pin in the barrel breech in a similar way my gun depresses the pin with a thumb push button that looks sort of like a safety on conventional guns.
Daryl, how do you get the pictures to show up as pictures and not links?

"As for me and my house we will shoot Damascus!"
Sidelock
Sidelock

Below each picture is

Attention: Do not manually edit the code, or your images will not work later
For forums (vbulletin, PHPbb):

Copy the link in the box below that and paste it here

Last edited by skeettx; 05/10/18 05:43 PM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's just an awesome find. I'm totally envious.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

You found a gem! Condition appears to be spectacular. And with laminated barrels. Congratulations.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

My fellow countryman Dig Hadoke has written here about a certain Thompson hammer gun that he seems to hold in very high regard, I wonder if it/s the same maker?
Your looks to be in great shape...what do you charge for a song n dance, if I may be so bold?? smile
nice one!
franc

Sidelock
Sidelock

What a gem! You are indeed a fortunate man, sir. On the flip side, it begs the question, yet again, why can't I ever stumble on such a beauty for a "song and a dance"?

I apologize for letting my envy show. I am sincerely happy for your good fortune, and look forward to reading about your adventures when you take this wonderful piece afield.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I hope you don't have a heart attack, and I hate to admit it but I only paid $352 for it.....please don't hate me for it!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Holy Shit!....a savage deal indeed....good for you man
franc

Sidelock
Sidelock

I need to seriously start practicing my "song and dance"!
Karl

Last edited by Karl Graebner; 05/11/18 08:35 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Krakow Kid
What a gem! You are indeed a fortunate man, sir. On the flip side, it begs the question, yet again, why can't I ever stumble on such a beauty for a "song and a dance"?

I apologize for letting my envy show. I am sincerely happy for your good fortune, and look forward to reading about your adventures when you take this wonderful piece afield.

I will post pictures in the fall with wild birds hopefully adorning this gun

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.