Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Several days ago I did examine what was tagged as Grade E Lefever. There was plenty of good craftsmanship and nicely shaped stock though poorly suited for mating with heavy 32" Krupp Special Steel barrels. No reason this would not make fine upland gun with light weight steel barrels. I will stop by their display booth at the Southern to see what range was available.

We wait, with bated breath, for your pronouncement.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would agree, a Prussian Daly best all, but it is not American made.
Best Regards
Craig

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Several days ago I did examine what was tagged as Grade E Lefever. There was plenty of good craftsmanship and nicely shaped stock though poorly suited for mating with heavy 32" Krupp Special Steel barrels. No reason this would not make fine upland gun with light weight steel barrels. I will stop by their display booth at the Southern to see what range was available.

We wait, with bated breath, for your pronouncement.

I'm going to keep findings to myself. Are you going to educate us more on the concept of "brand value"? You know like why Ozark Trail coffee mug from Walmart costs about $10 and identical one made in same Chinese factory for Yeti brand is $40 to $50. crazy

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm sure several of us will challenge the truth of JM's claim to have examined a 32" E Grade Krupp barrel Lefever. Me first.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
I'm sure several of us will challenge the truth of JM's claim to have examined a 32" E Grade Krupp barrel Lefever. Me first.

Greentop Sporting Goods>Used Guns>Used Shotguns>pg 5>Lefever E Grade 12ga 32" $3999.99. It is possible the grade description on blue tag is wrong, but the barrels measure 32" and are of very substantial weight made of Krupp Steel according to what is marked on the tubes.

crs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have owned only Parkers, but they have good enough for me.

NRA Patron, TSRA, Whittington Center, DWWC,DRSS
Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
kgb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hooray for eightbore, for being first.

Later Lefevers, when they dropped the false sideplates. Would like to actually handle more of them though.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here’s what Dewey Vicknair scribed recently:

H&R - Hammerless:
Strictly from a quality standpoint, the finest shotgun made in America, at the time. This was the only gun actually built under license from (and under the direct supervision of) Westley Richards, rather than designed to get around their patent. It was an Anson & Deeley boxlock, available in 10 and 12 bore and, but for the name on the gun, could have passed for an English-made gun.
Sadly, there are too few of them to be concerned with (about 2000 were made). High quality items cost more to make then, just as they do now and apparently the American market was not willing to support the manufacture of a truly high-quality shotgun.

Parker - All hammerless:
Another gun referred to by gun writers as America's "best" and "hellishly complex". From the standpoint of quality of fit, finish, materials and workmanship, these guns are second only to the H&R.

YRMV
Best Regards,
JBP

Last edited by J.B.Patton; 04/15/18 09:34 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore

Oh, I could believe that Jagermeister examined an E Grade Lefever. All he does when it comes to double shotguns is examine them. Another more descriptive term for his "examinations" is Tire-Kicking and Gun Counter Drooling. Well, sometimes he puts one on Layaway and then lies to us by telling us that he actually bought it. But then he backs out of the deal, and moves on to his next gun buying fantasy.

He obviously didn't actually "examine" this 32" barreled E Grade with Krupp Barrels hands-on, because if he had it in his hands, he would know for certain that it was an E Grade with 32" Krupp barrels, and not something that may have had an incorrect description on the tag. I always have a little 36" tape measure in my pocket because I never know when the chance to buy a gun may pop up, and the grade letter is stamped on the water table. It seems apparent that his "examination" involved checking it out on Greentop Sporting Goods' website. That is about as close as Bullshitmeister will get to ever owning a $4000 gun.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: J.B.Patton
Here’s what Dewey Vicknair scribed recently:

H&R - Hammerless:
Strictly from a quality standpoint, the finest shotgun made in America, at the time. This was the only gun actually built under license from (and under the direct supervision of) Westley Richards, rather than designed to get around their patent. It was an Anson & Deeley boxlock, available in 10 and 12 bore and, but for the name on the gun, could have passed for an English-made gun.
Sadly, there are too few of them to be concerned with (about 2000 were made). High quality items cost more to make then, just as they do now and apparently the American market was not willing to support the manufacture of a truly high-quality shotgun.

Parker - All hammerless:
Another gun referred to by gun writers as America's "best" and "hellishly complex". From the standpoint of quality of fit, finish, materials and workmanship, these guns are second only to the H&R.

YRMV
Best Regards,
JBP

If correct, what does it say about American double gun manufacturing that the best gun made is under license and supervision of a British firm?

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.