April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (ithaca1, susjwp, Jimmy W, CJ Dawe, 2 invisible), 1,186 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,843
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#507590 03/07/18 12:35 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Another 'merger'.

Brownell's (Crow Shooting Supply) has now displaced Gamaliel.com.

The free shipping over $50 is apparently gone.

Brownell's has a purpose, but competitive pricing on general shooting supplies is not their forte'.

Their website is almost as randomly constructed as their catalog has always been.

Pity. I will miss Gamaliel.com.

The consumer takes another hit.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am going to miss them. They would drop a pallet of shot off directly to my house when they were delivering in my area. Good selection of reloading stuff at decent prices. Not anymore. Shot just went up $7.00 a bag. Yikes. Glad I have some on hand. Those are Cabellas retail prices.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry to hear this. I bought all my shot from them, and a lot of other reloading supplies too.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bad news for us here. We were buying all of our target shells from them ($$$$) and having them delivered to our local range with their target orders, no freight, no tax. Spoke with the order desk just now and it sounds like everything is in disarray right now.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You have to wonder about the business model they are going to have. They just bought a business which sold a lot of product, at a narrow margin. From what I can see, on the new website prices that is not what they are going to do in the future. Prices are going up a lot. Volume will go down a lot in response. So a company which was selling 10 million a year at 8-12% margin is going to a 20% margin. Their sales will drop by half if not more. This is why a lot of new owners regret buying an old business after they alter it so much it's not the same anymore. Inventory will be reduced because they are not getting the turnover they need. Once people call and find out there is little inventory to buy they won't call them first.

Trust me, the clay target, club ammo, reloading supply business is very competitive and buyers will check prices all the time. Increasing prices will be seen at once and they will shop around.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have dealt with Crow for several years and if you want their wholesale prices you need a FFL, tax I.D.# and a store to unload at. If you have a skid lot they pay freight and haz. mat. fees.
I used to buy from Graff in Mexico, MO. They are good guys if you don't like Brownells.
bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just received this email today.

Valued Gamaliel Shooting Supply Customer,

Thank you for your continued support of Gamaliel Shooting Supply. We have some significant changes occurring with our business and we want you to be aware.

Website Changes

As of today, Wednesday, March 7, 2018, our website – www.gamaliel.com – will automatically reroute customers to Brownells.com.

All products formerly available on our website are available at Brownells.com, in addition to tens of thousands more. If you’re unfamiliar with Brownells, they are a highly-regarded, family-owned, 79-year-old firearm and firearm parts and accessories supply company serving customers worldwide.

Brownells has created a Brownells/Gamaliel transition page to assist you with signing up for a Brownells account, navigating their webpage and keeping you updated on Gamaliel’s event trailer appearances.

Order Shipment Locations

Brownells is happy to ship individual consumer orders to any location requested by the customer. (i.e. a shooting match, gun range, second residence, etc.) All orders will be shipped individually via common carrier (FedEx, UPS, others).

Gamaliel Retail Store

The Gamaliel Shooting Supply retail store remains open for business in Gamaliel, Kentucky.

Gamaliel Shooting Supply Retail Store

1497 Fountain Run Road

Gamaliel, Kentucky 42140

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.