April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Steve Nash, bbman3, Ian Forrester), 963 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,109
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#505269 02/17/18 06:12 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

What is the most cost effective and efficient way for private individual to ship ammo interstate in USA? Thanks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why do you ask? Are you selling some upland shotgun ammunition Jagermeister?

You might as well sell it since you don't hunt and you don't own any double shotguns to actually use it. Did you ever find a 20 ga. Darne that suits your impossible standards of excellent condition at a give-away price? How about the Colt .45 revolver you were also fantasizing about? Or will you continue to go through life as a pathetic internet fake, a tire-kicker and a gun counter drooler?

P.S.-- I didn't really make this post here. I was attempting to e-mail Boer War combat tactics to Russian Agents who are conspiring with Donald Trump to steal elections and make him Supreme Ruler and Dictator For Life. Somehow this ended up here with a single errant mouse click. Happens all the time.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I had to sell one of my guns to make space for another, therefore, I have some ammunition I no longer need. I'm trying to get info on how to best send it to someone who has helped me in the past.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Really Jagermeister? You really needed to make space for another gun? You told us that you only own four guns, and rent that cheap Chinese bolt action .22 rimfire.

Jagermeister 9/7/15 post #417947--
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister

It has been glorious, but I have four permanent residents as we speak and do not want to acquire another. I do not want to accumulate too many guns. The .22 I have on extra long rental will go back after some 1500 rounds I have are spent. At 50 to 100 per week that is quite a long time.

Actually, your stories about guns you claim to own have changed several times in the past year or so, so I don't know why anyone would believe that you actually own any guns at this point. This is especially true about the guns you told us you bought, but really only had them on Layaway, and then backed out of the deals. But I believe that you may own ammunition because you are probably like those guys who own Harley Davidson jackets, tee-shirts, belt buckles, tattoos, etc., but don't own a Harley.

Even if you did own four guns, they don't take up all that much space. You told us that two were handguns, so that's even less space required to store them. Are you living in a cardboard box after 8 years of Hope and Change? Are you selling the ammo so that you can afford to buy a kishka to eat? If you're starving, here's a tip... you won't burn so many precious calories if you stop tire-kicking and fantasizing about guns that you will never buy.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I tried looking into shipping ammo last year and the best I could figure out is that it must be shipped UPS or FedEx from one of their central hub locations. The package needs to be marked as a Hazardous materials shipment. The website of each of these carriers have such convoluted and vague instructions I found them useless. There is a number that can be called but I decided the 40-mile trip to ship with a carrier that made things difficult wasn't worth the effort. I will tell you that if you read their info on using a "Drop Box" location, the best I can say is that it is inaccurate.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Throw it in a box, taped it and send it UPS. It's all about the same price. There's no bargains out there. I never had any trouble with UPS, never tried FedEx.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You can't ship something that probably doesn't even exist.

But I can't stop guys from feeding the trolls... I can only expose them as trolls and internet fakes. Jagermeister is a double gun expert who doesn't even own a double shotgun. You can't make this shit up!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Last edited by battle; 02/17/18 11:03 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c3_014.htm

It will need to have an ORM-D label.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fedex Ground was always cheaper than UPS for heavier packages. Also when I'd ship from Atlanta to California Fedex was about a day faster, made the difference of the recipient getting it the same week vs the next week sometimes. It's been several years so I don't know if this is still true.

You can go to UPS and Fedex websites and check prices and transit times to a few locations to get an idea.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.