April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Ian Forrester, Jimmy W, LeFusil, LRF, 3 invisible), 1,002 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,476
Posts545,177
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

There used to be an old guy at BBB in So Cal (formerly International Trap & Skeet Range, and then Pachmayr Trap & Skeet) who shot trap for money with a Model 42. He ran a lot of 25s and pocketed a lot of money.

Not all trap shooters are weird. Kim Rhode used to practice at BBB and she was all business, except when she would stop to chat with someone. When I watched her, she was always shooting alone, probably with her Dad as puller, with a small audience standing behind the fence. Best shooter I have ever seen.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I shot with a guy once that complained someone was standing in his "peripheral hearing" !!!! LOLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Ken Nelson; 02/15/18 01:05 PM.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well John,
It seems to me that you really took advantage of that poor feller. Why didn't you just shoot the squirrel rifle like you normally do?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Ten years ago my buddy and I, he with 12ga 311 and I with 20 SKB, crawled on two blacks swimming heads-down on a fairly open creek. When we stood up, about 40 including a mallard went up. Down came 11 and I said to buddy not too bad for a couple old doubles. "Three shots," he said, "my right trigger didn't work."

His brother, a Newfoundland game warden, fixed it and he's still using his 311. I mention the mallard because as my Lab piled up the ducks at my feet I noticed the mallard wasn't among them. I knew I knocked it down. Buddy wanted to leave because we were one over-limit but I said we'll wait until Jake finds it, and he did.

As we can see, It's a good thing KY Jon wasn't shooting for money against the Great King Brown!

King would have ran 100 straight... blindfolded and with one arm tied behind his back... shooting from the hip... and still had a dozen shells out of the first box left over.

In the true duck hunting story related above, witnessed by King's pals John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King, I have little doubt that King's buddy probably flinched and missed clean with his only shot.

But of course, we're talking about a special guy who can "accidentally" enter and submit a Boer War history lesson in a thread here with only a single errant click of his mouse! It would be poor manners for us mere mortals to even question such seemingly miraculous feats.

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubb...3327#Post503327

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ah, the dear fellow. Duck hunters know that 11 ducks from three shots in those distance and choke circumstances is pure luck!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm surprised we weren't treated to the story of the 11 lucky ducks when it happened 10 years ago. It would take a great deal of restraint to not even mention something like that for a decade.

It must have been another case of "pure luck" which allowed the thread diversion, aka Boer War history lesson to get into a thread with one inadvertent mouse click.

For most of us, we would have to first click on the REPLY Box.

Then we would have to move the cursor inside the REPLY box.

Then we would have to right click the mouse and select PASTE in order to PASTE content that had been copied earlier.

Then we would have to click on the little SUBMIT box.

Then we would have to return to the very same thread later to see if there was any replies to a post we didn't realize we made.

And we would then have to convince people that all of the steps required to submit a post could actually be done accidentally with one errant click.

Space aliens! Yeah, it had to have something to do with illegal aliens from outer space! Or maybe something a bit closer to the earth... like bullshit.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=keith...like bullshit.[/quote]

Yup, I figured. Newfoundland. Sounds made up.

Sidelock
Sidelock

lonesome. if you haven't visited Newfoundland you should give it a look. Smart, welcoming, resourceful people, a cornucopia of fish and game. When Howie Meeker retired from the Leafs, he made it home-base to spread his gospel far and wide that taking on the Europeans---meaning mostly Russians--is learning to skate as they do and relying less on muscle and pride. Worked pretty well for yours and ours, eh?

Sidelock
Sidelock

No doubt, King

But Im sticking with muscle and pride. I cant skate for shyte. And someone has to stand in front of the net and get those dirty goals. Thats me.

I bet I could spend a weekend in St Johns. Looks nice.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Left wing politics injected into the gun discussion is not a joke. The left wing people know that this gun control business will not save one life. It is a scam to inconvenience the people they don't like. That is it in a nutshell and they should be ashamed to continue this crusade that helps no one. Next.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.