April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Argo44, Jason Dubois, bushveld, Karl Graebner, Jtplumb, 1 invisible), 744 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,840
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#504443 02/09/18 12:57 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'm going for my grand slam this year and have my plans in place except for Eastern turkey. I have family in MO and plan to do some hunting there but would like to have something with higher success odds than hunting on land where "we saw some turkey last week" kind of thing.

Any recommendations on a 2-3 day Eastern guided hunt with high success rate? I'm in TX and don't mind getting a few states over if needed. I'm not a fancy lodging kind of guy. I just enjoy the hunting and meeting new people. I've been researching but wanted to drop a line here to see if there were options I hadn't thought of.

Thanks in advance.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think Warriorsmark Kennels and Wingshooting near State College, Pa offers guided Turkey hunts on their extensive property. There are good numbers of turkeys there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Westervelt Lodge in Alabama is said to be good. You might meet Tom Kelly...Geo

Lots of guys here have good turkey hunting. Offer a swap for something cool in Texas.

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 02/09/18 01:34 PM. Reason: added final sentence
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've hunted at this place in MO on a semi-guided hunt a couple of times. If you are going to be anywhere close to him, it's probably worth a phone call. Good luck!

http://www.riverridgeoutfitters.com/homepage.htm

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for the replies. I checked out the PA suggestion. I wasn't familiar with them. Interesting but I probably won't go that far this time with other trips to FL, MO, and NE for turkey this spring. Would love to hunt PA sometime.

I would love to hunt Alabama. I'm looking into that location.

Because I've only got 2 or 3 days on unfamiliar ground, I'm leaning towards a guided hunt.

I wish I had something good to offer in trade for time in TX. I don't have any private ground myself. Years ago in NM or Alaska, that would have been different!

Thanks for all the suggestions. Keep them coming.

tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Check out the Southeast Corner of Kansas around Pittsburg. They are all Easterns there and most folks don't hunt that area in any great numbers.

I found this place, but have not contacted them. I had a friend who retired in that area a few years ago and he kills his 2 Eastern there each and every year.

https://duckandbuck.com/contact-us/

foxes rule
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I used to live in KS and you're right about the SE corner being loaded with Easterns. That's a good idea.

Sent an email to that outfitter. Thanks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have plenty of places to take you if you come to GA

Sidelock
Sidelock

NY, if you want to travel that far out. I have a contact, but may be iffy if he is not already booked.
I am pretty well booked taking people and hunting myself this year ( I am not a guide) use too be. Pm me if Your interested in NY I'll forward you the point of contact

Rick

Sidelock
Sidelock

Flint hills of Kansas is worth checking out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.