April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jolly Bill, Bob Jurewicz, Jimmy W), 385 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,233
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
steve f Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I seem to remember a thread within the past year or so about someone producing these bore gauges again. I searched but can't find any info.

Anyone have any contact info?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gary Bulley makes a great bore gauge at a good price
https://www.theunloader.com

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree, his [Gary Bulley] bore gauges are super and not expensive. I believe his gauge made for a 12 bore will also measure 10 bores.

Sidelock
Sidelock

yes they will

i have two

one does 16 to 10 (overbored)
the other does 20 + 28

steve f Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks guys!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Both Skeets and Bulley's contact info is in this thread:

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=463656

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Unless something has happened very recently, Skeets are not being made. However, the man who made them is still there and will repair your old one for you if you have an issue. Very promptly, and at a very reasonable price.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Unless something has happened very recently, Skeets are not being made. However, the man who made them is still there and will repair your old one for you if you have an issue. Very promptly, and at a very reasonable price.

Larry, as of the date of that thread, someone had taken over production and they were back being made. It's in the thread.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I bought one of the new production versions of the Skeets gauge some time back. I have a friend who owns the original, but, it spends most of it's time at my house. When the gauge came, it was locked up tight, and couldn't be used. I phoned the gent and told him the problem. He seemed quite disturbed that a bad gauge had been shipped, and sent a new one, next day shipping, with $25 cash inside the box, and a written apology.
I didn't ask for any of it, I just wanted a gauge that worked. The second one he sent, did.
I'm not going to get into the debate about the different merits of bore gauges, properly used, they will all tell you what you need to know. It goes down a bore a few times when I get a gun, and then it sits on the shelf, waiting for the next gun to come along.
I'd do business with the new Skeets guy again in a heartbeat. Good guy.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: L. Brown

Larry, as of the date of that thread, someone had taken over production and they were back being made. It's in the thread.

My bad, Canvasback. Thanks for the correction. I must have dropped off that thread before the new information came up. I've filed it away in case I need a new one, or my old one repaired.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.