May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Tim Wolf), 508 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,497
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
2-piper Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi All;
I am on 5 differnt forums so am doing a form letter I can copy & paste to all. I went back to Vanderbilt University Medical Center Hospital, Clinic for my 4th Chemo treatment Mon Dec 11th. Had to be there at 8:00 AM but early morning traffic can be horrendous at that time of day coming in on the interstate so we had to leave rather early to be sure we got there on time. My oldest Daughter drives my Wife & I so my Wife doesn't have to drive me by herself. Started with blood work, then had to go to Radiology in the Hosp area for a PET Scan. This was followed by a Lumbar Infusion which injects medicine into a joint in my spinal column, does't go into the spinal cord so relatively safe & hardly no pain, just one stick with a needle which goes into a sac in the joint. This feeds medicene into the spinal cord & on up into my brain to kill any cancer cells which may try to enter them. Ate a bite of lunch & then went for my Drs appointment at 1:00 PM. She had the results from the PET Scan.

Have good news & bad news. Good news is it appears The Chemo is doing its job, no shiny spots appeared on the X-Rays from the scan as they did prior to my treatments which indicate cancer cells. Bad News is looks as if Y'all may have to put up with me for a Spell Yet (Yep I'm a "Southern" Middle Tennessee Redneck HillBilly). Even though when it comes to Alcohol I am a Teetotaler I live in the heart of Jack Daniel country. About 7 mile by road, likely about 5 as the Crow Flies, as they say. When there is a gentle breeze blowing from the South West (predominant direction for this location) I can step out in my yard & smell the Sour Mash a-brewing.

I was set up for 6 treatments & will continue with the following two to be safe. Next one is sceduled for Jan 3rd, 2018. Last one will be around Jan 22, though we have not had this date confirmed yet. Have been having them on Mondays 3 weeks apart but of course one was not scheduled for New Years day so was put off to Wed the 3rd. Will likely have another PET Scan around 3 weeks following my last treatment & hopefully that one will confirm I am again in remission. Amazingly one of the clinic personal who administered one of my treatments was the same lady who treated me 30 years ago when I went through this then. I told her I though that was a good omen as she pulled me through before, I was counting on her doing it again. She has only treated me the one time, but I did see her yesterday & gave her a big hug. She is set to retire in about a year she said.

Hope maybe I'll be able to shoot a bit this year, haven't done much for the last couple of years. I have lost about 70 lbs, most prior to the cancer, so maybe I'll be able to get out a bit more now once I regain my strength from the Chemo..

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm glad it's looking good. You will be in my prayers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the health update Miller. You have my prayers for a full recovery and an early return to your shooting. You have been a steady and guiding force on this BBS for as long as I have been involved, and you have been kind enough to have personally helped me with questions and information several times. Thank you...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

My Mother is going through treatments too. I'm glad things are shaping up and we will include you and your family in our prayers as well.

Best regards

Sidelock
Sidelock

Please stay away from sources of infection especially kids. Best wishes for a permanent recovery.
Milt

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the update. I think that can help things shape up for a great Christmas.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great news Miller for the upcoming holiday season. Hope you enjoy it, as you are certainly in my prayers as well. I've enjoyed your posts and am glad you are here.
God bless and a speedy recovery!
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great news. You and your family have been in our prayers and thoughts. Few understand that your support, your wife, daughter, family and friends all go through this with you. They worry and fret, just like you do but try to hide it from you just as you do it from them. Silly I know but everyone is determined to be strong for the others. As part of the far, very fa,r distant support group all I can do is to keep you and your family in our prayers and thoughts. God bless and make sure to enjoy your family this Christmas. They are your true blessing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Miller,

You have been a source of accurate information and reason on this board for as long as I can remember. Now, you're a source of inspiration. I have been praying for you, will continue to, and can now include praise and thanks in them. You can have no idea how much it means to me for you to give this update, and great news.

Thank you for being a fighter, and for being a friend to so many here.

All my best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
2-piper Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

John;
That is so true about the support, I would never have made it without my Wife's support that first time.Actually I have been utterly amazed but even though I am now thirty years older the Chemo has not been as hard on me this time as it was the first, I suppose its medical advancement & the medicines are different, but seem to be working better actually. At the outset my Dr told my Wife, outside of my hearing, she figured I had a 40:60 chance of making it. She just told me today, happy that I seem to have hit the 40 slot.
Ironman;
Sure hope things go well for your Mother, will remember her in my prayers as I full well know what she is going through & I am a firm believer in the Power of Prayer & the help from God & his Son Jesus. As Solomon said in Ecclesiastes to fear God (not trembling in our boots per se, but holding him in deep awe & respect) & keep his commandments is the Whole of Man. that is our purpose on His Earth.

Thanks to all who have thought of me & prayed for me, may God Bless each & every one of you as he has me..

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.