April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, Jimmy W), 410 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,800
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#497907 12/13/17 12:43 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Problems at Polywad?

I hope they're OK.

Only 3 products seem available, and no spred-r inserts.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

In the past six months Jay Menafee sold the business. He has stayed on as a consultant. I received an order after placing a call last week. See if you can get someone on the phone. I ordered Spred-R loads in 20 and 28 gauges. There is a 4 box minimum and I was able to order two of each to satisfy the 4 box limit. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had some issues with them lately - stuck wad on a faulty load (IMO) and then they couldn't get replacements shipped as promised in the middle of a trip. Always good experiences prior to this. Might switch to RST for a while.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I hope they can pull it together. I placed my order by phone last Monday and the info was taken down by whomever answered the phone. Delivery was scheduled for last Thursday and I saw the UPS truck pull up in front of the house about 7 pm. I then saw it drive off into the dark. WTF? #$@$ I checked the computer and saw where they had an address issue which was entered by the guy in the truck just before he drove off. I had to drive to the depot the next day to pick up. Not a fun trip during the holiday season. The room was filled with disgruntled customers reminding me of the barroom scene from the original Star Wars. The employee had entered 285 rather than 205 as my street address. I know where I live. Most of the time...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Speciality products need to be able to deliver super service to make it these days. I hope they get everything straightened out. It would be a sad day to loose a supplier in such a small market. If RST had a problem many would be putting their old guns back into the closet. Guess the wise man would load up on Polywad inserts if he used them. I don't after hearing a few weird stories about extreme fliers using them. No shooters hurt but one or two very untrusting dogs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe there isn't enough room in the low pressure, specialty cartridge market for 2 companies to survive?

RST is everywhere I am, so I wouldn't be surprised if there just isn't any volume left for Pol-Wad.

Buying 10$ cartridges when I'm on a weekend shooting/spending vacation is NBD for me, and great for their margins, and freezes out Poly-Wad.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

On the other side of the coin CZ, I'd think if a market had only one supplier, they may provide customer service based on that circumstance. Always good to see a company go the extra mile for their customer, but it probably comes at a cost that's past on. As you mentioned no big deal, if the right product shows up at the right place at the right time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I just took delivery of 250 rds of Vintager 16ga #7-1/2 I ordered a week ago. In the the past they were always next day (GA to JAX, FL). Most of the wait was UPS not making delivery after it was on the truck. I also hope the product quality is maintained. I have shot Polywad and WIN AA LOW RECOIL so far. RST's have been a hold out.

PS, what Gil said about the UPS bar room scene is true.

Last edited by John E; 12/13/17 06:04 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes two maybe one too many but God help us if that just one has a hiccup. I've taken steps to make sure I have low pressure loads for a long time. I now have over 30 pounds of PB and less of a couple IMR favorites so my long term low pressure needs are set. In fact I hope I live long enough to us it all up. Hulls, wads, primers and a nice pile of shot goes a long way to making me a happy reloaded. I know I'll have decent and safe shells to shoot for the next decade. That's shooting security to me.

I love what options the internet gives you to find both information and a wide range of components to reload with. In my golden years I could be very happy loading with a MEC 600jr, that is if I could force myself to sell the Spolar and those MEC 9000hns. Options, options, options. 😀

Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't misunderstand me. I want them to survive and thrive.
Based on my observations at myriad SXS shoots (the epicenter of low pressure loads and tight chokes) the actual volumes are pretty low.
I doubt very many people shoot $1,000.00 worth of their products/yr. You can't stay in business selling two boxes of cartridges mail order. I am shocked people even ask for less than a full carton. It just shows that most vintage/collectable gunners don't shoot much.

Out there doing it best I can.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.