Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have a very heavy duty aluminum gun case. It is at least 30 years old. In addition to the normal padlock locking/security system, it has a rather unique feature: corner threaded bolts that help secure the systems closure. I have unfortunately discovered that I have lost the tool that is used to screw the bolts. I have tried to locate the cases on the internetto find if the manufacture is still in business. Any suggestions? A rather dumb predicament.

At least it is not locked closed

Thanks

Berrien Moore

Sidelock
Sidelock

Who built it?

We'll also start looking for this tool.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

There are no markings/signage on the case. For some reason, I think it was made in California and maybe even tribal built--but that recollection has no bases in fact.

The tool is somewhat like the tool for changing threade chokes.

Thanks!

Berrien

Last edited by Berrien Moore; 12/02/17 11:02 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Could you show a picture of the bolt/screw head that needs to be removed? Maybe we can give you suggestions of where to purchase the tool or have one made. The tool may be commercially available from a tool vendor.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
I think it was made in California and maybe even tribal built-

Tribal? If it's Kalispel, they have been out of the case business for maybe 10 years or so. But there was another company that started building aluminum cases on the Kalispel model, maybe under license. Don't remember their name, but Google is your friend.

https://www.exploreproducts.com/kalispelcasefeatures.htm

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Replacement--

I had looked at Kalispel, but no luck. However, thank you

Berrien

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Dogon

Please send me your email and I will send photographs and maybe you could post them. Since Photobucket went rouge, I have lost the ability to post photos here.

Thanks

Berrien

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tribal built would seem to point to K&K. I have one, was sold with a duffel that hides the case in the bottom.
Mine is serviceable, and, nothing more. I wouldn't be in a hurry to put any money into it.
Send a photo or two via email, and I'll get them up for you. My email is in my profile.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have the same KK case/duffle combo, used it quite a few times from NY to AZ and back but not in 10 years. With airline fees these days it's cheaper to ship a long gun by the USPS now and probably safer...
Mine doesn't require a special tool though, just 2 padlocks as I remember.

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Tribal built would seem to point to K&K. I have one, was sold with a duffel that hides the case in the bottom.
Mine is serviceable, and, nothing more. I wouldn't be in a hurry to put any money into it.
Send a photo or two via email, and I'll get them up for you. My email is in my profile.

Best,
Ted

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Berrien sent me a picture of what he is dealing with. It's a tubular lock like you find on vending machines. There's a pile of YouTube videos showing how to pick these type locks and how to make new keys for them. I imagine most locksmiths could make a new key for a reasonable cost.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.