Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Nudge
Brent,

I dont think we should go there. If you are looking in all the usual haunts for sxs's online it should be fairly obvious (GB, GunsInt).

I didnt name a name because i am not "saying" anything. Just want to know if anyone else is WONDERING as I am.

I have no basis to assert anything. But i am allowed to wonder.

NDG

Hmmm, I disagree with this.

You obviously think something is not on the up and up or you wouldn't have started a thread. So there are only two possibilities....either you are right and they should be outed, or you are wrong, they just run a damn good business, in which case they should be complimented.

As it stands, this is just gossip and unfair innuendo.

Reminds me of the Hollywood harassment thing these days. Everyone hides behind silence, especially the perps, until the damn breaks.

Last edited by canvasback; 11/10/17 12:45 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Nudge Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Canvasback,

There isnt anything more to my post than exactly what I said. Having had no experience with them i cant "say" anything.

If you are one who doesnt wonder, so be it.

I havent inferred anything.

NDG

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well . . . back in the distant days of "Gun List", there was a dealer who always seemed to have an impressive inventory of Foxes, most of them with "never a screw turned". I also remember the days when New England Arms, out of business for quite some time now, was the clear heavy hitter in the doublegun world. Both US and foreign. And a major importer.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I remember those ads also, Larry. Thing is, there was no internet, and you couldn't see the guns he was talking about.
Things have changed.
I don't have a "collection". I have an "accumulation" and a few of those are like my 16 gauge Nitro Special-a gun that was truly unused, with stock and action in 99+ % condition, and the barrels covered with furry rust on the outside. Bought cheap, reblued, and not a lot of money outlayed. If a dealer comes up with one like that, he will want most of 1K for it, and it is buyer beware. Warms my little heart knowing what it was before the barrels were reblued.
I'd rather be the guy who finds it before the dealer.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I started to tabulate guns above $20k in the Shotguns, American Double category on GI to test whether there's a notable concentration in that market. It turned out a little more comlicated than I thought. A number of CSMC/Galazan guns fall into that price range, and not just from CT Shotgun. Plus $20k may be too high a threshold to give useful results. I may give it a shot later, but woodcock opens today, and little Gilley and I are heading down to Coffee County, Tennessee to at least do some armed reconnaissance. If somewhat wnats to tabulate GI listings in the meantime, please have at it!

Bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

Billwolfe,
Our woodcock season ended this past Monday here in Michigan. Because of the warmer and later than usual fall, the flights came through later. You should soon be seeing many of the birds arriving. Good luck in your quest.
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks, Karl. I actually found some birds! Two flushes, two shots, and one in the bag. A third flush happened out of view; based on the dog's response it might have been a rabbit. On the way out we bumped a covey of quail and a snipe. So a promising start to the season down here in Middle Tennessee after getting skunked in the Adirondacks last month.
BW

Sidelock
Sidelock

I haven't seen any as far South as GA yet, but we're looking.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I cannot say that i know what dealer the OP is speaking about. Maybe 4 come to mind for me. But if we are talking true quality guns that actually sell, that rules out one of those.

I kind of do not understand the purpose of the question. If the OP implies that the reasons for one dealer having these offerings being a good thing, then Is there something wrong with garnering a reputation like that?

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi All:

This post reminds me of a local dealer who specialized in Winchester model 70 rifles. He always had a large inventory of M70 rifles that were in perfect condition for sale. Also, very expensive. I asked him how he came to find so many "perfect" M70 Winchesters and he told me that he spends a large amount of time traveling the country purchasing estates that had M70 rifles included in the sale.

I saw the BS flag go up as I knew two things about his life:

1. He did not have much money as he was self employed as a repairman and lived a very frugal life. His home, vehicles and lifestyle were near the bottom of the social scale. He did not spend much time away from his home/business which both were contained in his house.

2. A friend of mine traded a Savage 99 on another gun. His gun was a well used example of a deer rifle. Shortly thereafter, the previous owner and I saw of the 99 saw his gun in the shop and it was in a like new condition. I asked my friend how this could be, and he replied that the dealer had a knack of cleaning guns to make them look like new. He did a great job! Perhaps the guns were sent out to be reconditioned by a pro as they were pristine when they were on the rack in his garage which was the show room. There were no signs of any gun work being done on his premises. How he did this, is still a mystery to me!

If it is too good to be true...

Be well,

leomat

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.