April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (eeb, Hugh Lomas, Marks_21, mel5141, dogon, 1 invisible), 232 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,052
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#494457 11/10/17 10:56 AM
Nudge Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ok, this has been nagging me for some time. I keep waiting to see if anyone says something but no one has, so...

Without naming (for obvious reasons)...does anyone else find it a little odd that ONE particular gun dealer seems to have a ridiculous percentage of the rare American sxs's offered out there?

I mean, one after another, many in "WOW" condition. Hey, maybe you know who im talking about and you have actually dealt with them (I haven't, I should point out) and you say "Yes, those guys are animals...they know everybody and all the best stuff goes through them."

I dunno...just wonder what other people think. Especially if you've bought from them. I don't usually buy through dealers because my budget isn't limitless, but I have on occasion if it's a gun Ive been after and just can't find any other way.

No need to call anyone out...and im not trying to become a lightning rod for accusation. I have never dealt with them and have no basis upon which to accuse them of anything.

But I can't help but wonder if anyone else raises eyebrows at the fact that one dealer is regularly stocked with a seemingly endless parade of rare guns which lots of other well known, and long established dealers...dont 'regularly' have in stock.

Sorry so wordy...

NDG

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sometimes it is as simple as people know one dealer always has a good number of high condition guns and when they decide to sell that is the dealer they use. Then there was a dealer many years ago who bought a 20 ga. fox graded gun from me which was in decent but not pristine shape by any means. About a year later it appeared on his web site for sale as a pristine, high condition, factory original gun. I called about it and asked him if he wanted any before pictures sinde he only seemed to have after pictures. He hung up. So buy with a little bit of doubt until proven otherwise.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I understand that one dealer/mfgr has a big inventory but I understand that most of the old stuff is on consignment, A dealer in a neighboring state does keep a big inventory. One major dealer in OH has a long standing reputation for fair dealing. I note a far north dealer specializes in the highest priced used side by side guns. Make sure you get a 3 day inspection period from any dealer. Anyone can make an honest mistake, some are poor graders and a few are cheats.

bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

Who is this "one dealer"?

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Nudge Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Brent,

I dont think we should go there. If you are looking in all the usual haunts for sxs's online it should be fairly obvious (GB, GunsInt).

I didnt name a name because i am not "saying" anything. Just want to know if anyone else is WONDERING as I am.

I have no basis to assert anything. But i am allowed to wonder.

NDG

Sidelock
Sidelock

expensive guns only appear expensive to people who cant afford them. believe it or not, there is a group of people in this world who enjoy buying things where cost is no object....and those dealers wisely market them.

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
https://606f79f3c2431.site123.me/
eeb Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

What do you mean by rare? Sometimes its just all hype.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Hype" is an understatement if the dealer in question is the one I'm thinking about. Many of his listings are consignment guns, and he has a better knowledge of adjectives out of Webster than he does about the specifics of his listings.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I haven't noticed anyone having a corner on the market. I don't pay attention to sellers on GB or GI etc, until I'm ready to buy something however.

I often like looking at the guns on Hill Rod and Gun. He often has something that I find interesting - in fact he does right now, a Bland with my name on it, no less.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Many collectors have apparently decided that "this dealer" is the place to show off high end guns on consignment. How would anyone blame this dealer for having a good rolodex? The stuff is for sale. If you like it, make an offer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.