April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 207 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,441
Posts544,760
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#493929 11/05/17 06:50 AM
DLA Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A friend purchased a used MX-8 a couple years ago and has had a good number of instances of the trigger group falling out while shooting. Some individuals are telling him that he is causing the problem by pushing the safety too far forward when releasing it. I have shot the gun trying to replicate the problem but cannot. I find that it takes far more forward pressure on the safety button than I can exert without bracing the gun against something.

Any thoughts from the Perazzi shooters?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been shooting MX8s for over 10 years, and have never seen that happen. If he can push the safety slide far enough forward to release the trigger group, with gentle thumb pressure, there is a problem with the gun. Every one I have ever had or seen required much more than gentle thumb pressure to overcome the spring to release the trigger group. Some are actually hard to push forward enough to release it. May be nothing more an needing a spring replaced, or crud built up somewhere.

I would call Phillip Crenwelge, at Phillip's Gunsmithing in Texas, and talk with him about it. If it needs attention by a technician I would highly recommend him.

BTW, I never have to move my safety slide. It stays off all the time. But, mine is strictly a competition gun.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

A very tight-fitting trigger group can mask failure of the trigger plate lock to engage its recess in the trigger plate.

You should hear/feel the distinct click when the lock engages. Possibly just crud binding things, and you might not notice the lack of added spring tension when pushing the safety forward. BTDT.

Sidelock
Sidelock

About Philip, visited him Friday, in 2 hours he repaired a doubling K-80, A misfiring K-80, a misfiring 682, and assembled and adjusted a torn down WW21. This guy is the best!

bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

Give him a break, Bill, so's he can finish fitting the set of 32" barrels to my Sterly Ejector!!

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If it is not the original trigger there is always the possibility that it has not been properly fitted. It is very easy to "sorta" fit the thing well enough that it functions but it may well not latch properly at all. It has been made clear to me on several occasions that many people have no conception of what constitutes "fitting".

If it is the original trigger I'd suggest cleaning the crusty thing before getting involved with a 'smith. It has been made clear to me on several occasions that many people have no conception of what constitutes "cleaning" either. Or for that matter how to remove and replace a Perazzi trigger group.

Last edited by Wonko the Sane; 11/05/17 03:13 PM.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
DLA Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you for the replies. I will take another look at the gun later this week with your comments/suggestions in mind.

From yesterday's inspection I am sure that the trigger group is not dirty.

It takes a great deal of pressure to move the safety slide forward to remove the trigger group. Far more pressure than I can apply with just my thumb.

When I install the trigger group I do to hear/feel the lock engage.

As I mentioned this gun was purchased used so I do not know if this is the original trigger group.

Thanks again for the replies.

Dennis

Sidelock
Sidelock

All Perazzi triggers have the gun serial# or a portion of it stamped on the inside in front of the hammers.

If moving the safety is difficult with the trigger removed you might consider lubing the mechanism - a drop of oil on the ends of the lever connecting the safety and the locking cone may go a long way to improving the function.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Boxlock
Boxlock

The pin that engages the hole in the back of the trigger unit is spring loaded. If that spring gets weak the pin can vibrate out of the hole and the trigger unit can come loose. Yon can buy the spring from Don Rackley, Giacomo Sporting, or other Perazzi dealers. It's easy to change but easy to screw up too.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.