March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (bigblock, Borderbill, NCTarheel, SKB, docbill, battle), 866 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,019
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
an keet, as you desire to discuss political and social issues, please do start your own thread and stop trashing this one...

and better yet, just go away...

We already know about preserving old wood. How do you feel about preserving the old 2nd Amendment Ed? Oh, yes... we already have the answer to that one too:

recognize that there are too many guns in too many hands...reduce those numbers and gun related violence will also be reduced...it is as simple as that...too much of anything is not good.

as for the gun control issue...we are the only country in the world that seems to tolerate mass murder, in the name of an individual right...its about time that we as a society realize that we are over gunned with too many super dangerous weapons in the hands of too many super dangerous people... it is long past time to do as the rest of the civilized world has done and simply, disarm...

I can't, for the life of me, understand why you think it is unreasonable of me to re-post direct quotes of your anti-gun dogma... yet you felt it was reasonable to Troll them here in the first place??? Could you perhaps have extensive brain damage from West Nile Virus Ed?

Hey Ed, you should check out that thread about duck hunting in Pakistan. I think you should even go to Pakistan and give it a whirl. I hear they hunt ducks over there with suicide vests.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

ted: re: shotgun receiver recoloring...have come to the conclusion that it is not a good idea, regardless of method utilized...and certainly original factory heat treatment of receiver metal should never be altered in a vane attempt to replicate case colors...

and to repeat, old wood should be babied...just because a gun was suitable for heavy loads, when it was new, does not necessarily mean the wood is still strong enough to handle the recoil generated by modern heavy loads...

Last edited by ed good; 11/05/17 02:19 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

and to repeat, old wood should be babied...just because a gun was suitable for heavy loads, when it was new, does not necessarily mean the wood is still strong enough to handle the recoil generated by modern heavy loads...

That's essentially what I said in my first post within this thread Ed. Why do you find it necessary to keep saying the same thing in order to run away from your anti-gun words?

And to repeat, old anti-gunners who pretend to be gun guys should be outed at every opportunity:

if society, via our law makers, deem it necessary to restrict or prohibit our possession of certain classes of arms, then every good citizen should obey the law for the good of the majority.

and if some here wish to discuss further restriction and prohibition of certain classes of arms here, then why not?

P.S.- I recommend that you should test your suicide vest on a patterning board before you try using it to hunt ducks.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow Ed what will I ever do if my Ithaca stock cracks.

How about I restock it.

Resell value is impossible to calculate if its never going to be for sale. And what's a Nitro Special worth anyway.

Sidelock
Sidelock

stupid is as stupid does...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

stupid is as stupid does...

You certainly do Ed. And that is why you will always hold the title of "Village Idiot" here.

And what could be more stupid than posting anti-gun rhetoric on a double shotgun forum... except maybe posting anti-hunting crap on a double gun forum???:

and here is what Wikipedia has to say about peta:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PETA

again, whats the problem some have with this organization?

So after you use your suicide vest to take out a flock of Infidel ducks, could you get someone to post pictures of the aftermath Ed? Should be better than a punt gun. A couple pics of you swimming out to the flock in your duck costume would be cool too.

WRE1 Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

IE grade Lefever.

W. R. Eddleman
Sidelock
Sidelock

I grade Lefevers are both old and scarce, and I grades with ejectors are even more scarce. Not that many survive in nice condition because they were field grade working man's guns that were typically used hard. And probably the biggest weakness of Lefevers is the relatively fragile wood above and below the sideplates where it meets the action. Many are seen with cracked or missing splinters of wood in these areas. All the more reason to stick with low pressure low recoil loads in it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
I grade Lefevers are both old and scarce, and I grades with ejectors are even more scarce. Not that many survive in nice condition because they were field grade working man's guns that were typically used hard. And probably the biggest weakness of Lefevers is the relatively fragile wood above and below the sideplates where it meets the action. Many are seen with cracked or missing splinters of wood in these areas. All the more reason to stick with low pressure low recoil loads in it.

Please see post 'Buying an Ideal' as in Manufrance from StEtienne. It is very elegant shotgun similar in appearance to very expensive round actioned guns from Scotland.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.