Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

It is the Galazan 20ga with rifled barrels designed to shoot sabot slugs. Does anyone have experience good or bad with this particular model? What ammo brand was it regulated to shoot with. I'm hoping grey-boxed BRI by Winchester as they don't "kick" crazy as hard as some others. cool Is Galazan SST reliable like SKB or Winchester 21 triggers? Is it worth $6000? I have Nikon Safari 1-4x20 laying around and I visit family in central NY where shotguns are needed for big game hunting so I was kind of thinking about buying one. The price seems reasonable for such unusual weapon made in USA. Thank you for any feedback.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Perhaps they can assist on gun specs?
https://www.connecticutshotgun.com/galazan-products/

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not an answer to your gun question but you may want to check where you hunt in NY. Almost all the countries have switched to allow rifles. Its nice to use my leverguns now. What county you hunt in? Here is the map for legal implements.

Last edited by Woody402; 10/04/17 09:21 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Do you really want some feedback Jagermeister? OK... why should anyone with any brains at all play this silly game again? The last time you pulled this, you wanted our opinions on whether you should buy a Webley & Scott BLE or a Merkel 47E.

Jagermeister's Gun Buying Fantasy

In the end, you claimed to settle for some mysterious unnamed 4lb. 5 oz. aluminum 20 ga. pump.

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
I concluded that 25" Webley Scott was the best handling gun for the money spent. While I went to look over the gun to make the final selection by pure accident I found my Ole' Man upland gun. I brought home 2&3/4" 20 ga with 28" barrel. The unladen weight is 4lb5oz. Thank you very much for your generous help.

I agree it's not a dove gun or range gun, but rough shooting gun. By rough shooting I mean very long nature walk with few shots fired cotton tail, swamp rabbit,..... or squirrel being the usual game. It is a half a cart of groceries from Walmart curio gun or poor man's Ithaca 37 Ultrafeatherweight. I think it was made by famous American aluminum foil maker.

And who here is foolish enough to actually believe that a guy like you, who doesn't own even one lousy double shotgun, would actually buy a new $6000.00 20 bore double rifle? I mean, seriously, you couldn't even complete the sale on several relatively inexpensive guns that you had on layaway, and you actually RENT a cheap Chinese .22LR bolt action rifle. Do you think CSMC has a layaway plan?

Post #476286 3/27/17
At one time or another but not at same time I had several guns on layaway. A 20ga Ithaca NID, Ithaca Deluxe Solid Rib ca.1955, 16ga Browning Citori, Remington 870 Police Magnum. I have chosen not to complete sale on any of those.

Then when we consider how you have told us several conflicting stories about the number of guns you actually own, and about your reloading and hunting activities... why in hell should we believe this, or anything you post here anymore?

Remember when you told us that you actually bought that Remington 870 Police Magnum, and even told us how great the recoil pad worked... the very same gun you later said was only on layaway, and you didn't complete the sale?

I have developed "sweet tooth" for police shotguns. I found another Police Magnum with six shot tube, XS frond sight and Scattergun Technologies rear ghost ring. I wish I could stop buying them, but I can't. I do not know how to stop myself.

Here's some more of your bullshit, this time about reloading shotshells:

Post # 472881 on 2/22/17- Thread :" 16 ga loads not filling the hull?"--
I use plastic particles they use in buffered shot. Not sure where I got it from, but it works pretty well. Depending on manufacturer I think it's called Grex or something similar. It fills up the cup a little and provides wonderful cushioning for the shot above it. Very professional.

Post #475337 on 3/17/17- Thread: "Reloading Herter's 16 Gauge Shells from Cabela's"--
Time = money. I always buy factory loads and never re-load for that reason. In free time I like other activities that involve fresh air like hiking, mountain biking, fishing, hunting,.....

Don't you think it's pathetic and sad to have to live a lie, and to also be too dumb to keep your stories straight?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is the Galazan 20ga ................What ammo brand was it regulated to shoot with. I'm hoping grey-boxed BRI by Winchester as they don't "kick" crazy as hard as some others.

Perhaps, if the recoil of a 20 ga. slug is too much for you, pictures torn out of a Field and Stream and a Red Ryder might better suit.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jgermeister:

Galazan's can answer the regulation question in a phone call. My recollection is that the regulation on these was adjustable in some fashion, although I may have it confused with another gun, as it's been years since I saw one in the flesh.

The base gun for these was the RBL. I've not heard any complaints about the RBL single trigger (except that it's missing its twin - sxs should always have two triggers). Several of the guys at my club have single trigger RBLs and shoot them extensively without issue.

Hope this helps.

Rem

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you for the update. Looks like Montgomery county allows rifles. When I used to live there it was shotgun only.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
It is the Galazan 20ga ................What ammo brand was it regulated to shoot with. I'm hoping grey-boxed BRI by Winchester as they don't "kick" crazy as hard as some others.

Perhaps, if the recoil of a 20 ga. slug is too much for you, pictures torn out of a Field and Stream and a Red Ryder might better suit.

SRH

I would prefer 12ga because there are greater variety of loads available including some lower velocity reduced recoil ones. I see no point of getting punched excessively for no meaningful gain in performance. One does not need heavy slug traveling at 1600fps to down a wild boar or a deer.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The regulation on the RBL professional is adjustable. So pretty much any load could be used.
They are nice guns for the money. A 20g sabot is plenty enough for whitetail. No need for 12g. Really.

And, yes, pretty much every county in cny and wny has opened up for rifle.

By the way... "weapons" are used on people. Please do not refer to this or any other aporting firearm as a weapon.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan

SRH

I would prefer 12ga because there are greater variety of loads available including some lower velocity reduced recoil ones. I see no point of getting punched excessively for no meaningful gain in performance. One does not need heavy slug traveling at 1600fps to down a wild boar or a deer.

I predict that will be your reason for not buying one. And, 280 grs. is not heavy.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 10/05/17 09:43 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.