April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (GETTEMANS, Hugh Lomas, Roundsworth, 1 invisible), 1,063 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,134
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thought some here would enjoy this. It is the first in a series you will see on this spectacular collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se12g0_dhDU

Sidelock
Sidelock

A.H. Fox shotgun prices are starting to creep up into coveted Parker territory.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe it is just me, but while l admire the collection, l find it sad someone in the family did not love them enough to hold onto them.

It maybe the reason I continue to reduce the total guns I have while I increase the quality.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: old colonel
Maybe it is just me, but while l admire the collection, l find it sad someone in the family did not love them enough to hold onto them.

It maybe the reason I continue to reduce the total guns I have while I increase the quality.

It's just you. Many in younger generation want to buy things to improve make better their quality of life. To many what you see there are just nicely engraved "walking sticks, canes or crutches". I hope there is win-win situation where the auction house makes some money, the family gets some money and new owners will be affluent enough to be able to take those guns hunting instead of sticking them into "iron cosets" due to fear of future value reduction.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
A.H. Fox shotgun prices are starting to creep up into coveted Parker territory.

As esteemed board member of long ago stated there will always be market for best quality in top shape especially if rare when made and sold in country it was crafted. If you like many do not have funds to play this game do not worry. Good options are Facile Princeps actioned guns of Brimingham UK or pre-War J.P.Sauer & Son of Suhl Thuringen Germany. I picked those only because from outside they share resemblance to Philadelphia PA produced A.H.Fox.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A 75 year old "new in the box" shotgun is just a curio. It cannot even be handled without destroying the value, much less actually shot. I have no desire to own one. I'll take one with honest wear, thanks, anyway. And I really like Fox shotguns!

Sidelock
Sidelock

A 75 year old, still in the box gun is like a 75 year old virgin. Of very little interest to me and if you use it you just have a 75 year old used gun on high condition. Wow, what a thing.

I went through my Winchester Model 70 collecting phase. It became too large. By the time I liquidated my collection I had lost all real interest in them. The profits did pay for my next house so I made out well from a money point. So now I don't collect as much as accumulate. What I buy I either use or buy because I like them for some feature or design aspect.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Amazing guns! Thanks for sharing, Josh

Sidelock
Sidelock

wonderful guns!

keep it simple and keep it safe...
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The sadder aspect of the sale is that a 69 year-old man died making the sale possible. His obit (that I was able to find online) was rather sketchy for someone whose fortunes enabled him to have such a great collection. Gil

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.