May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,104 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,513
Posts545,667
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'll tell you both. The low road is just replying "hey a$$h0le, f*ck you for saying that", instead of doing it in the roundabout way I did. Half of what I post here shouldn't be taken too seriously. Ted Schefelbein and I have had our moments here as well without too much damage being done.

LeFusil drew first blood with his snide little comment. He poked me in the eye, and I kicked him in the nuts. No big deal. I think LeFusil is probably a great guy, especially considering he doesn't mind running into burning buildings for a living.

But I think he perceived my previous posts about CSMC as either promoting them or self-serving on my part, and he got his hackles up enough to fire one over my bow. No big deal afaic. Hell, some of my best friends are a$$h0les.

Are we done here with this now? Everybody good?

Just remember, man who stand on commode, high on pot.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

John, I had no idea how you would respond. I seriously did find your post funny and wondered if you'd just got so pissed off, you didn't notice. But I loved your reply to mine. It describes an attitude that is perfectly in keeping with me and my friends as well as my preference for an "in the lodge, after the hunt" conversational style that is my preference for a board like this.

Not that you care but you've gone up a couple notches in my estimation and I'm sure La Fusil can look after himself. As you mentioned, he doesn't piss around in real life.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Originally Posted By: treblig1958
You have to be kidding me? Everyone and his mother is building that slop.

Very true, but it's what's selling.
JR

IMHO, It's fashion. I have no idea what's the hot thing that comes next but the current demand for black gun styles is simply the fashion of our times.

I also think that classic doubles, pumps and bolt actions will always represent some corner of the market and that too will change as the "fashion" for classic styles ebbs and floes.

If Tony and Lou think it's time to get out of making doubles, I sure wouldn't argue with them. And having had a front row seat for 30 years watching the US shoe manufacturing industry move elsewhere, I too would be watching the Turkish development with careful interest, were I them.

I don't think the earlier years of Spanish production is all that instructive for what may come. Industry, and this includes gunmaking, has become much more sophisticated about moving to lower production cost regions and becoming adept at quality production, although it's typically 10- 15 years for the native industry to get the quality up to world class standards. There is always a learning curve. Turkey seems well on it's way.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Recently a few well known Spanish makers have closed their doors along with the Italian maker FAMARS and now CSMC pulling out. Just the market for double guns weeding itself out? Who is the biggest market for these guns? Live pigeon shooters? Hunters? Trap or skeet shooters?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Absolutely. You could see it coming several years ago. Where it ends is anybody's guess, but the old market force of supply and demand is having its effect right now.

As far as market segmenting, I would have to think game guns are still the biggest part of the sxs market, with a small piece being the new-found Sporting Clays events for the sxs, and a very tiny piece being live pigeon shooters, most of whom now shoot o/u's. Skeet or Trap, practically nothing.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 05/07/17 09:22 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was completely surprised that FAMARS a high end Italian maker closed as they seemed to be one of the darlings of the ultra users of double guns and the demographic that can most afford high end doubles, live pigeon shooters.

I mean if you are throwing around big money on one shot the least of your problems is the price of your shotgun. Isn't this the overseas arena where the mega priced English and Italian doubleguns rule?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

FAMARS, Fabbri, Perazzi, P&V, Beretta's Premium guns, Bertuzzi, Bosis, and 2 or 3 others I've probably left out were all fighting for the same customer, and I think FAMARS just got elbowed out. If I'm not wrong, I think there were some quality issues about A&S guns of late that may have influenced their demise as well.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 05/07/17 09:34 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is very likely that all of those just above and any other similar, as John says, build so few SxS that they could walk away from it and never miss it. I cannot imagine how small a fraction of 1% SxS's must be in the competition gun market. And even the Limeys shoot mostly O/U's I suppose since most of the holy SxS game guns are likely in the US.

IIRC Bertuzzi is now gone as well

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wouldn't be surprised if CSMC's quality control has come around to bite them in the a$$. I know a bunch of people that would never buy a CSMC gun because of their quality control and customer service. I was having that conversation a couple days ago with some very knowledgeable folks in the SxS industry. The double gun world is too small to get a poor reputation, and CSMC has pissed way too many people off. I'd love to order another one of their guns, but after the first debacle, Ill take my money somewhere else.

Last edited by Gt1900; 05/07/17 11:42 AM.
Gt1900 #479980 05/07/17 12:02 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gt1900
I wouldn't be surprised if CSMC's quality control has come around to bite them in the a$$. I know a bunch of people that would never buy a CSMC gun because of their quality control and customer service. I was having that conversation a couple days ago with some very knowledgeable folks in the SxS industry. The double gun world is too small to get a poor reputation, and CSMC has pissed way too many people off. I'd love to order another one of their guns, but after the first debacle, Ill take my money somewhere else.

Already a small customer base that just got one customer smaller in a market that can least afford to lose any of its customers.

Where would you head to the Spanish, French, Italian or English makers?

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.