April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Karl Graebner, Mark Larson, gunmaker, Jtplumb, 2 invisible), 395 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,799
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

I joined the original board right at about post #500. Now I am member #43. Bill & Klunkermeister were here by then. Don't know the date, likely 1995. Lots of great guys and great information. I remember the Greek dude. I took him after chukar at the 3 forks of the Owyhee. We got to the drop off and hunted the rimrock from the top so no chasing chukars up hill. I went West, he went East and it sounded like Armageddon to the East. I shot 5 times and got 2 Chucks and a quail. He went through maybe 3 boxes and I thought we would be cleaning forever, but he came back with NO birds. Geez. I've never known anyone could be such a bad shot. He bought a blank from me then returned it. I sent him 3 blanks from which to choose and he kept them all (paid for only the original) and then I found out he screwed the stockmaker out of three more blanks and never paid for them. Luckily the only low life I have met in hunting or business.
Wonko the Sane was there fairly early on but went by another moniker I forget. Picked on him a lot but he is really OK. Frisko area guy makes the Reno show now and then.
Remeber Ol Tex who was a Mod 37 Ithaca lover? He decided to brew/distill his own whiskey and checked to see what an uncut barrel looked like through the bung with a match. Real bad idea, but he posted afterwards (stating it was a real bad idea). Didn't hear any more from him but he was a funny guy.
Really miss Russ & Oscar.

Last edited by Pete; 03/20/17 08:18 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Pete

Remeber Ol Tex who was a Mod 37 Ithaca lover? He decided to brew/distill his own whiskey and checked to see what an uncut barrel looked like through the bung with a match. Real bad idea, but he posted afterwards (stating it was a real bad idea). Didn't hear any more from him but he was a funny guy.

Rather than Ol Tex I think you're talking about Ol'Lightning. As I recall he told us of his wife threatening divorce if he kept on spending all his time here rather than with her. He took a sabbatical for a time, reappeared briefly and then finally disappeared for good. I've often wondered how he's doing today???

Wild Skies
Since 1951
Sidelock
Sidelock

I started up the summer of 97 when I started my present job. The old format used to just roll with posting activity...lots of fun!

Stan I often wonder about what happened to Lenard Lemke. He seemed like a pretty astute shotgunner and marched to his own beat.

I keep coming back because there's a level of information here not found in the other shotgun forums I visit.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you wanted squabbles back in those days, the old alloutdoors board was the place to go. Voutsi (the Greek guy) was there as well as here. I think he may still hold the record for having been booted off the most BB's.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Larry, I remember the thread that brought that forum down. "Shot size for grouse"

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Ol' Voutsi ....... now that's a blast from the past.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave Erickson

I keep coming back because there's a level of information here not found in the other shotgun forums I visit.

This is why this is my number one stop and why I will likely make it to 2 decades one day. But I have a ways to go yet. CJO told me about this place. Glad he did.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

pete - WTS went by 12ga.net and charles7 back then. he was a contrarian, but in a funny way. it was always halarious reading his posts

one of his funniest was in the late '90's. ou wrote a post about how wood held all sorts of modern material properties and ws actually hi-tech. charles7 simply wrote - "yeah, that is why they use so much of it on the space shuttle."

guess you had to be there, but it had me rolling.

BTW pete, on our little unspoken issue, my tally continues to rise. wink

skunk out
Sidelock
Sidelock

I used to get a kick out of old Lowell Glenthorn, he used to bug some folks, but I thought he did it with a bit of style & humour..I miss him
franc

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.