April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Tyler, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 1,072 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,136
Members14,409
Most Online1,271
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

I run a Mac too, Ted. But not that old. Glad you hung around all those years.

All my best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought I was living large when I got windows 95.
I sorta miss all the illegal operation warnings that kept me company surfing.
I just retired my 486/win 97 that was upgraded to xp with a 10" screen.

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
https://606f79f3c2431.site123.me/
Sidelock
Sidelock

My registration date is '03 but I've been tuning in daily since 2000 when I got my first PC.

Sure do miss some of the good old boys who posted such fantastic information about double guns and the different methods to repair them. Dr. Gaddy, John Mann, etc.

I've learned a lot here over the years & try to make a contribution every year to help Dave keep things up & running.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I registered 1/1/02, but was around long before that on the old board. Got my first PC (Kaypro) in the late 80's. Went from a manual typewriter to a computer. Seemed that for a long time, this board and the old alloutdoors board were about the only places for people like us to play.

And remember the days when Gun List (aka Gun Lust) was the place to search for guns? Bought and sold a bunch of guns via GL.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some of us print old threads for research. That's how I'm going to find my early dates. By the way, I still occasionally use my long carriage IBM Selectric. I recently got an offer to buy it from a legal firm. I can't remember how they said they were going to use it.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

funny you should mention print outs. i just happen to have a print out from 3-21-99. it is from DJM (david j moses) he was an ex-pat in germany. he was supposed to be moving back to the US, and he just disappeared from the board. his knowledge of teutonic guns and other such info was an excellent source of info.

russ had a gun marked "david moses" and to be honest iam 99% sure it was "david j moses" on the rib. it was a continental gun, and i am sure the name was just a retailer. but we thought it was funny that a double from germany with his name engraved on the rib.i wish i remember more about the gun.

damn, i sure do miss russ. the other icons too, but russ was someone i was closest to.

skunk out
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Russ, Bill Wise, David Moses, Greg Tag (kept track of Flues failures) . . . the first two are deceased, but David and Greg were both great contributors.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I’ve been a member since 1997,where I got my first PC at work. I rarely post since I learn more by listening tha posting and exposing my ignorance. With all this negative banter and commentary and lack of civil discourse, I remember vividly one of the first kerfuffle’s on this Board between Pete Hiatt and some either Greek or Lithuanian guy Yakuakas or something of the sort, where Pete reached out to him on some camping excursion in Oregon and the guy tried shafting him (no, not literally) on the BBS message board. Got real ugly, but Dave showed the same equanimity then a he does now. There is no shortage of AH’s in cyberspace as well as terra firma.

Last edited by kopkai; 03/16/17 11:30 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I started in about 1982 with Atari or Texas Instruments moving on to Bitten Apple. My first interactions on this board was regarding Japanese Winchester. The question was answered by Ole' Cowboy. I got my first double barrels from Tuomo of Finland. Them were the days. Dam it I must now watch old black and white move and pour some warm Dutch beer. smirk

Sidelock
Sidelock

Can't remember when I found this special place. I believe it was back in the 90's. But I have been around to see plenty of battles fought here on this site.

Mike Proctor
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.