April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Southern Sport, Momslefever, Ken Nelson, 1 invisible), 1,017 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,237
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
steve f Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Very pleased. The gun was on Guns International.

I wanted a 12ga SxS with short barrels, and this Laurona fit the bill at 25.5" (65cm). The individual in Alabama that I dealt with was a first class gentleman. The gun weighs in at 6lb 9oz, made in 1972, 7-pin locks, a Purdey style hidden 3rd bite, rolled trigger guard, bushed firing pins, etc.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pretty gun, Steve. What are you planning to use it for?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice gun. While it can be used for upland game it seems particularly suitable as brush gun and HD gun. For HD use lower velocity SG shot should be used. Prime example is Federal Premium Tactical load with flite control cup and Vo of about 1200fps.

Sidelock
Sidelock

What exactly is a brush gun used for other than upland game, Jag?

Rabbits?

Could you please elaborate on all your abbreviations (HD, SG, Vo)? Evidently I'm an
uneducated newbie, unlike you.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 02/27/17 09:38 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, I think he's referring to home defense when he says HD. Leaves me shaking my head and wondering if he's looking at the same pictures I am.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Okay, James. But, can you imagine someone buying a cased S x S with killer wood for a bedroom gun? crazy

I'm still waiting on the SG and Vo. I know VO ...... but, Vo?

SRH

steve f Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Nice gun. While it can be used for upland game it seems particularly suitable as brush gun and HD gun. For HD use lower velocity SG shot should be used. Prime example is Federal Premium Tactical load with flite control cup and Vo of about 1200fps.

I always wanted a Churchill Premiere XXV for home defense, just like ole Robert intended, but couldn't afford one. I figured this would come close enough. When not spraying invading miscreants with tactical loads, it will be used on upland game, provided my wife gives me time off from the chores.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks, steve. I hope it's the best gun you ever owned.

SRH

dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice gun, nice weight. Hope you enjoy it!

I had a Laurona boxlock 16ga. sxs a few years back. Nice gun, but rarely used it due to the size of my stable. Probably should have kept it frown

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Okay, James. But, can you imagine someone buying a cased S x S with killer wood for a bedroom gun? crazy

I'm still waiting on the SG and Vo. I know VO ...... but, Vo?

SRH

Seems completely plausible to me. Heres a sample scenario I could see playing out:

You keep your Parker AAHE propped just in front of the front door, so when the bad guy comes in he'll first knock it over onto the marble floor making a sizable crash. Then he'll have to smash it out of the way as he pushes the door further, and the sound which rings out as the Damascus barrels smack against the casters on the grand piano will surely alert you.

As he rounds the hall corner he'll then trip over your LC Smith Deluxe, which, wisely, you've laid across the hall floor. If the sound of the Parker bouncing around the foyer didnt wake you, surely the careening of your Smith ratting down the adjacent basement stairs, will. That Krause engraved frame will make a hell of a sound when it hits the concrete at the bottom of the stairs.

At this time he'll have to bash through your bedroom door, which, smartly, you've barred with your Lefever Optimus. It will take the intruder at least a few very firm strikes to snap that Circassian walnut, which you knew ahead of time when you thought this all through.

Such that by the time he steps into the bedroom, you'll have dragged your Laurona out from under the bed, and are now standing stout in your Spider Man pajamas, ready to give him both barrels. You sure were right to cut those barrels down to 18.5 inches...now she swings just right for close up work.

Your fool-proof home defense system worked exactly as planned. And as a parting shot as the police pull up outside, you might even take that Matisse down off the wall and bash it over his head, cartoon style. Just to teach him a lesson he wont soon forget.

- Nudge

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.