April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (graybeardtmm3, Sandlapper, Ted Schefelbein, Roundsworth, JDH, 1 invisible), 410 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,228
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Tamid #471557 02/05/17 09:39 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Request you both to cut it out and let the jokes go on for better and worse without personal attacks about or within the jokes.

This thread was supposed to be about good natured fun, not personal nastiness

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Sometimes ya have to over look them yAnkees...

Years ago a fellow went to check out this famous squirrel dog that was for sale...

When he arrived to look at the dog the owner said I'll be right back with him....A short time later he came around the side of the house rolling a wheel barrow with the dog inside of it. He questioned the owner as to why the dog was in the wheel barrow ?

That is some funny stuff. Is your narcolepsy acting up by chance?

Best,
Ted

When Ted Shitlin'ferbrains posted this he volunteered to be in my jOke.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Since we were so rudely interrupted....

Sometimes ya have to over look them yAnkees...

Years ago a fellow went to check out this famous squirrel dog that was for sale...

When he arrived to look at the dog the owner said I'll be right back with him....A short time later he came around the side of the house rolling a wheel barrow with the dog inside of it. He questioned the owner as to why the dog was in the wheel barrow ?

Any ways the owner explained that the dog had lost his legs in a hunting accident years back. Seems he had a taken this 'gent from Mpls, Mn hunting with one of those Darne bumper jack shotguns and when the nimrod was loading his bumper jack shotgun it went off taking out all 4 of his prized squirrel dogs legs. He cracked the nimrod over the head with his Darne and sent him packing back north (sadly we're left with Mr. Sniffle'bean).

He went on to explain that this squirrel dog had been such a great hunting companion that he couldn't stand to leave him home so one day he got the idea of putting him in a wheel barrow and off they went squirrel hunting. Didn't take long to figure out the dog could still tree squirrels out of a wheel barrow.

The gentleman was growing quite old and because he was still toting shot in his arse from the nimrods shooting accident he decided to sell the dog to someone that could hunt him.

A price was agreed upon and the wheel barrow was thrown in.....

A few days later found the new owner loading his dog in the wheel barrow for a day of squirrel hunting. A short time after dark his wife started to worry when they didn't show up but knew her husband had been lost in the woods before (she thought it genetic) finally she fell asleep on the couch....

Next morning she was awaken by a sound out side she jumped and ran to the door...."Honey boo your clothes are in tatters and you've lost your prize Darne shootz'gun....Honey boo boo where you been all night ?"

Ted'ward Jr. tried to explain that everything was going just fine squirrel hunting, we almost had our limit...

Until the dog struck a deer.

I'm sorry this hunting jOke went over yer head Mr. Shittle'beans....maybe I should've typed it r e A l . . . s l O w. . . .. .

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know any jokes, but I do have a true story you might could use. It happened back in the early 60s when I was 8 years old. I was too small to be allowed to carry a gun, but big enough to tag along on hunts. My father let me be his retriever on dove hunts, but all I could do was watch on quail hunts; retrieving was Rye's job, and Rye was a fine pointer.

It was in the late season and birds were wild, so the first stop that morning was at a tract where a big covey of birds had flushed wild on the previous hunt and flew across the property line, so we didn't even get to hunt the singles. We had no sooner gotten out of the truck when my dad told me that Rye was trailing birds. The big liver and white pointer had his nose to the ground and his tail wagging as he trailed those bird so fast that we couldn't keep up with him. Eventually he went on point in a small brier patch and we hurried up behind him. I was so short that all I could see was Rye's tail sticking up out of the briers.

My dad eased up behind Rye, and I carefully stayed right behind him so he could shoot in any direction. But instead of the big covey getting up, it was just a single bird. My dad quickly dropped him, but Rye remained on point. That was unusual because Rye was trained as a meat dog. Nobody had to tell him to retrieve; he went after the bird as soon as saw him drop. I asked my dad what was happening and he said there were more birds there. Sure enough, another single got up and my dad dropped him, but Rye remained on point. This was repeated again and again until my dad had his limit of 10 birds.

We had never seen anything like this, so my dad eased into the briers as birds continued to get up one at a time. It turned out that Rye was trailing them so fast that the covey panicked and all ran into a rabbit hole. Rye simply put his paw over the hole and was letting the birds out one at a time. My dad to drag him out of the briers so the rest of the covey could escape.

I've always thought this true story could be turned into a good joke. I don't mind at all if you lie and say it happened to you, but please, make sure the dog's name is still Rye. Dogs like him deserve to be remembered.

Tamid #471877 02/09/17 10:38 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very well played, coosa. That's a good one.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Very well played, coosa. That's a good one.

SRH

That's almost as good as a guy my dad knew who had a greyhound dog. The dog ran by his car so fast that the guy jumped out of the car to call him back. Problem was the car was still doing 60 mph!!

coosa #471936 02/10/17 09:55 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

This is great- The late Havilah Babcock couldn't have done better on his best day afield. Cheers to Rye's memory indeed.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Tamid #471940 02/10/17 10:39 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think that is the winner, coosa. But then, I admit to being pah'tial to jokes about bird dogs and quail.

Best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Tamid #471943 02/10/17 11:51 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Coosa,

Your account of your great day afield with an exceptional pointer is one heck of treasure to have in memory. I'll second RWTF's cheers to Rye. He was a sharp one for sure, bet if you had asked he could have driven you home.

Regards,

Mark

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.