April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Karl Graebner, Tim in PA, FlyChamps, Jimmy W, NCTarheel), 442 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,212
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Japanese Olin Kodensha 12ga Parker Reproductions 2&3/4" chambers 26" 1/4-1/2 choke splinter front, pistol grip stock of highly figured California Walnut, steel grip cap and butt plate. The stock is well laid out stock with straight grain in grip area. Excellent condition with little sign of use. What would be reasonable offer for something like this. I do not want to over-pay or insult the seller. Thank you very much for any feedback.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Assuming we're talking about a DHE Grade here . . . 12-ga. 26" Repros are a tough sell in today's market -- they are not bringing what they should. I would say ~$2000 without the original factory case and up to ~$2500 with the original factory case is about right for the condition you've described.

Wild Skies
Since 1951
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think WS might be a little low, but probably not a lot. The same gun would be worth more if it were straight grip. You didn't mention trigger(s). Also a plus if it has double triggers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you want a good buy, Wild Skys is right on. I have seen used 12g guns even with case sell on the open market for between 2 and 2-1/2 thousand.
You coild say that up to $3k is a good price, but that would favor the seller.

Keep in mind that a double trigger gun would command a premium usually.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

26" 12 gauge Repro, the "Kiss of Death".

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you. It has single trigger like PG gun should have. The stock comes with cast on. It comes with leather trunk plus outer protective cover, keys, snap caps and spare semi-beavertail for-end is included. The "Kiss of Death" has lots of quality I will have to give it some serious thought and look at it again after new year is over.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There was a time when 26" barrels were in style and you could get a premium for them over 30" barrels. I'd rather hunt grouse with 26" or 24" barrels, but if after pheasant I'd take the 30's. I think it all depends on your use for the gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Single Trigger would be the Kiss of Death for me, not 12ga nor 26" barrels, But hey what do I know, I still prefer a SxS Double to any other type ever built.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This is game gun that can be used for some clay shooting with 1/4-1/2 choke combo, therefore single trigger is not a hinderance. The slide catch lies along the base of trigger making this for practical purposes single non-selective trigger. If this was heavy caliber gun to hunt large African herbivores at close ranges two triggers would be of paramount importance. It isn't as though there will be charging pheasant though those falling down from high up can be quite dangerous to the gunner.
One final question is the trigger mechanical like in BSS or inertia type like that found in Winchester 23? I hope the trigger is mechanical and reliable one too. I admit I know little about Parker Brothers guns and never owned one. This appears to be very well made gun even engraved skeleton butt plate is inletted nicely.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The trigger is mechanical. SST problems are, far and away, the most often reported issues with the Repros. That being said, it's usually only a matter of a good cleaning.

Couple questions: Stock has cast ON, as in for a lefty? And there's a "spare" SBT forend? Both are odd. Usually you'd only have an extra forend if you had a 2 barrel set of different gauges. I'd bet you'll find that the spare forend is not numbered to the gun. Might be nice to have (although you might want to check for a good fit), or you might be able to recover a bit of the purchase price if you were to advertise a 12ga Repro forend for sale.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.