May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (arrieta2, ShepFL, 1 invisible), 313 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,811
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

If it were possible to ever be able to use lead in vintage guns for waterfowl I'd never shoot a modern made S X S for ducks again. But ............ I cannot foresee that ever happening. Maybe lead for uplands, but I cannot see it ever happening for wetlands.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
NAFTA aside I don't care what people outside this country think about what is going on here. George Sorass can jump into the oceans as well

We could propose a special lead use only in guns made pre 1950 tax stamp which would be good for five or ten years. Let the novelty wear off. See how many take advantage of the lead shot in doubles option and let the nay Sayers gather evidence to see if a ban is needed. I would gladly pay $250-500 for such a five to ten permit.

I feel I pay enough in taxes, at all levels of my life. Why not just let people with firearms that are legal for waterfowl without the use of a plug (singles and doubles) use lead for any and all hunting uses with the purchase of a hunting license? Enforcement would be by the same people doing it now, license sales would go up, and my pocket would not be further picked. No lists would be needed.

Why does everything always have to be sold and packaged as a tax? The whole damn endeavor of hunting is taxed, from the fuel, to the dog food, to the lodging, license, ammunition, guns, etc, ad nauseum. My heart bleeds for the kids with a single parent, usually Mom, having to fork out one red cent more to attempt to pursue game with the regulations stacked against them the way they are now.

Enough.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tough to imagine common sense gun regulation coming out of Congress.

Ryan Zinke is a retired SEAL who had a number of very impressive assignments. He retired as a Commander and was Deputy Commander of Arabian Peninsula Special Ops for a time. One helluva good guy I hear. No need to worry about his stance on gun rights IMHO.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Horse hockey.

I've used non-toxic lead alternatives in several side-by-sides,from Grandpa's Parker 20 to Winchester 21's, to Browning pre-wars, to Merkels.

Ryan Zinke is right here, and a bunch of us 21st century hunters have access to him, and we'll use it.

Best to all,

GG

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Grouse Guy
Horse hockey....

....Ryan Zinke is right here, and a bunch of us 21st century hunters have access to him, and we'll use it....

Now isn't that something. The sky isn't falling after all, and you get a voice in the new administration. If you really do get to chat with him, please tell him there're some out here that're really encouraged by the folks he's surrounding himself with, before you hammer him with the sky is falling stuff. If he starts checking his watch and looking for the door, don't blame him.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Grouse Guy
Horse hockey.

I've used non-toxic lead alternatives in several side-by-sides,from Grandpa's Parker 20 to Winchester 21's, to Browning pre-wars, to Merkels.

Ryan Zinke is right here, and a bunch of us 21st century hunters have access to him, and we'll use it.

Best to all,

GG

This is going to come as a huge shock to you, but, I don't want to grow up to be just like you. I don't want to use the guns you use, or, be limited to the ammunition you use.

The science on banning lead is specious. Take your lockstep ideas somewhere else.

Shot any game animals out of season this week, Ben? Something else I'd never do.

Best,
Ted

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.