April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Vol423, fab500), 363 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,474
Posts545,168
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Gt1900 #465707 12/16/16 07:12 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very nice guns... and birds. Roughly where in CO were you hunting? Looks like high altitude parkland.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Topgun, just curious, did you have a Near Death Experience in those 17 minutes? If so, please tell us about it.
JR

That was actually pooch, John, that said he was dead for 17 minutes and was resuscitated. Topgun was quoting him.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Topgun, just curious, did you have a Near Death Experience in those 17 minutes? If so, please tell us about it.
JR

That was actually pooch, John, that said he was dead for 17 minutes and was resuscitated. Topgun was quoting him.

SRH

Sorry I didn't respond I missed your post, as far as my near death experience, I don't know a thing. I was out for about 8 weeks and dippy after that. All I know is what I have been told to me by my wife who was with me during the accident and the Drs. I was rescued quickly by the first responders, then put into a coma at the trauma center to save my brain and organs. My wife got some good Drs to do the operations which took about 16 hours and I spent the rest of the time sleeping. It is their belief that I am hard to kill. However it is my belief that, that day the Lord didn't want me and the devil didn't have any room.

Last edited by pooch; 12/16/16 09:51 PM.
Gt1900 #465775 12/17/16 12:03 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Pooch, and Stan for getting me straight on who it was.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Gt1900 #465789 12/17/16 01:40 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

There were funny things that happened also. The quick response by the police and medics, getting me quickly to a trauma center where they used this relatively new procedure of reducing my body temperature to throw me into a coma, all helped to save my brain. Pretty amazing stuff.

The real hero is my wife who kept a constant watch over me and kept me from further damaging myself. Even though I was out of it I kept trying to climb out of my bed. One time she came back into the room to find me stark naked, I had pulled out all the feed tubes and was covered with my own shit. All the alarm bells were going off. She said I looked like a Picasso master piece. Another time they gave me a tooth brush, which I couldn’t use. The nurse went to my wife and said “We are worried about your husband because he said the most terrible things to that tooth brush.” My wife said “He’s doing OK he often swears at inanimate things.”

We got to be on TV, but it was a short segment. I guess you have to die to get any real coverage. I kid the guys saying I was trying to die but you sonsabitchs wouldn’t let me.

Gt1900 #465790 12/17/16 01:40 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The LC Smith with the Parker and in some occasions the Lefever were the only American guns that were duking it out with the top English guns in the live pigeon shoots during the turn of the century.

Got to love that!!!

Gt1900 #465812 12/17/16 03:50 PM
Gt1900 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

To hear your guys stories makes a person realize how precious life is. I try every day not to take life for granted, but often still do. Stories like those help
A person stay grounded and realize what's important in life.

As far as the gun and the location go, the Smith was restored by Bill Schwarz in Elijay Georgia. I came across it by pure luck, and I absolutely love the gun..... I'm hunting East of the Rockies and West of the Appalachians! ;-). I got my other Brittany back from the trial circuit two weeks ago and got a chance to give her a whirl on blues Thursday. The extra dog power, and having most of the day to hunt really helped. I recovered 7 of my 8 bird limit, and unfortunately lost one. The way he ran off makes me believe he probably made it though. I called it a day once I had 7 in the bag.... The double gun addiction is a scary thing. As they say, the struggle is real!

[img:left][/img]

Last edited by Gt1900; 12/17/16 03:53 PM.
Gt1900 #465852 12/17/16 08:32 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

If I ever have to go on crutches, I'll still rifle hunt! Hang in there, fellows...

Gt1900 #465856 12/17/16 08:58 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

steve, you might like this true story. Years ago I was in Arkansas duck hunting with some friends. One was a former NFL running back for the Vikings from '66 thru '72. One of his teammates, a place kicker, was there. With him came a young fellow who was a gynecologist, his son-in-law I think. A few years earlier he (the gynecologist) was on honeymoon with his bride on one of the islands (Jamaica, Haiti, Bermuda, ???). One day they were in their room at the hotel when someone began trying to open the door, which was locked. This guy was in front of the door and telling the guy on the other side to go away. Guy on other side shoots several rounds through the door, hitting new groom. He was from that point on paralyzed from the waist down and, indeed, was in a wheelchair when I met him. They put him in a War Eagle boat the next day, transported him to a blind, and he killed ducks from his swivel seat. He also had a great outlook on his condition. He told us concerning his being wheelchair bound, "It ain't so bad in my line of work (gyn). It gets me down to where my work is at eye level." blush

As I said earlier, you ain't beat until you give up.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Gt1900 #465857 12/17/16 09:03 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gt1900
To hear your guys stories makes a person realize how precious life is. I try every day not to take life for granted, but often still do. Stories like those help
A person stay grounded and realize what's important in life.

As far as the gun and the location go, the Smith was restored by Bill Schwarz in Elijay Georgia. I came across it by pure luck, and I absolutely love the gun..... I'm hunting East of the Rockies and West of the Appalachians! ;-). I got my other Brittany back from the trial circuit two weeks ago and got a chance to give her a whirl on blues Thursday. The extra dog power, and having most of the day to hunt really helped. I recovered 7 of my 8 bird limit, and unfortunately lost one. The way he ran off makes me believe he probably made it though. I called it a day once I had 7 in the bag.... The double gun addiction is a scary thing. As they say, the struggle is real!

[img:left][/img]

We are pretty fragile creatures and bad things can happen quickly. What I've gotten out of this is how pretty surroundings are and that I need to stop and enjoy them. Friends and dogs that care, are really important and I need to stop and tell them how special they are. My wife got mad and said she thought I would back from the dead a better person. I'm probably no better, I seem to cuss more, but things sure have changed.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.