April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (gunmaker, LeFusil, Bob Blair, MattH, Karl Graebner, 1 invisible), 417 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,444
Posts544,807
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
AWOLF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi,
I know this may no belong here but because I know some of you have closets full of guns, I going to ask anyway. I am looking for a 20 gauge semi for my left handed daughter to hunt over our two GSP's this season and bust some clays.
Thanks

Sidelock
Sidelock

Big money
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/578244064

Little money

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/579090931

Me?? I would get the little money gun and have her shoot the heck out of it and get used to it

You can always upgrade later and if she scratches or drops the
inexpensive gun, well OK

Mike

Last edited by skeettx; 08/21/16 01:45 PM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
AWOLF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

smile I would love for her to have a rem 1100 since that's what I started with. I think I'm just going to take her out and let her shoot all of my doubles. Each one has it's own personality. I have a Merkel 147, a Parker, an L.C. Smith and a Browning BSS all in 20 bore. I like them all on any given day. She shot her sisters 11-87 and really liked it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A lot of left handers just shoot right handed guns and not worry much about it. You might give her a try at a right handed gun. She might not care that the empty in flying across her vision. New is new and she might just get use to it without problems. You can fix the safety issue.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/463939/...-870-1100-11-87

This is a left handed safety to install for a lefty to shoot a right handed 1100. Easy to install and works great. When I was getting over my severe flinching problems I used one of these on my right handed 1100 while I shot it left handed. The empty was not that big of a deal to me and I could operate the safety left handed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am left handed,and have never owned a left hand repeater. I have shot most makes of RH automatics, and the only ones that gave me any problems were 1100's because they spit gas and unburned powder back in my face. For hunting or limited clay target shooting, I prefer a pump gun because it doesn't care what loads you use, heavy or light. It doesn't take very long to get used to operating a pump gun - a few rounds of skeet should make anyone proficient, and it doesn't matter whether it is right or left handed, so long as the safety is set up correctly.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am left handed,and have never owned a left hand repeater. I have shot most makes of RH automatics, and the only ones that gave me any problems were 1100's because they spit gas and unburned powder back in my face. For hunting or limited clay target shooting, I prefer a pump gun because it doesn't care what loads you use, heavy or light. It doesn't take very long to get used to operating a pump gun - a few rounds of skeet should make anyone proficient, and it doesn't matter whether it is right or left handed, so long as the safety is set up correctly.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You can fill in the gas escape slots on the 1100 fore end and direct the gas out the front of the fore end by drilling hole in it. I did this on several 1100's with fair results. Most, but not all the gas was directed out the front of the gun. You do need to make sure you don't extend your hand too far. The gas is hot, but wont burn you. It will scare the heck out of you.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.