April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
11 members (Hoot4570, Borderbill, Dan R, eeb, 2 invisible), 249 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,442
Posts544,768
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Brian Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Rules:
1. The 1st Amendment trumps all. Free speech.
2. no whining
3. no complaining to Dave
4. you enter and post at your own peril.
5. if you don't like what someone says; either argue it out, present a different opinion or shut up.
6. Thick skin required
7. for someone truly obnoxious, 10 members would have to request to Dave to have the poster banned.. Dave would have the final say. and I mean FINAL SAY. if he doesn't ban them, you have no recourse.
8. If you cannot accept these rules, don't go on the Misfires page. Plain and simple.
9. wear your big boy pants.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not sure why, but I feel there should be 10 rules.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I vote to ban lonesome roads...guy's an asshat.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Big boys? In Misfires? Following rules?

Misfires was mean and nasty, ignorant and cowardly, low as it goes for personal abuse.

You would make it worse: a kangaroo court feeding on ignorance.

A saving grace is your appearing to be asking---How about a new Misfires section---but is that really what you want?

Is it an improvement to this distinguished board?

Sidelock
Sidelock

King

See rule 4 & 8.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's just me, lonesome. A distinguished board of extraordinary generosity with information comprised of an even worse version of Misfires---the kangaroo court isn't an American notion of fairness---diminishes what the board represents to its members and the world.

It cheapens what we do and say how we feel about we do, following Dave's reasonable rules, in the same way that graffiti on our monuments and buildings reflects on the citizens and governance of our communities. Broadcasting the worst of ourselves tears down the shooting fraternity.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There are more than 10 members in the cabal. Kangaroo court is a good description of Brian's proposal.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Kangaroo court? You're thinking of Austria.

Dial the drama back a couple notches, King, please and thank you.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am against reinstating Misfires, for two reasons ........

(1) This whole domain belongs to Dave. Everything that goes out over the ethernet in this domain has some reflection on him. He is the moderator. What is allowed to stay on here stays at his behest. If I was the creator and moderator of as fine a site as this has been, I would not want my name associated with a lot of the filth and trash that would be allowed on Misfires under the rules put forth, and indeed, like it used to be. I know it seems like a way to "clean up" this particular sub-forum, but it would still be a part of Dave's site, and an ultimate reflection on him. I'm not speaking for Dave, just saying how I would feel if it were mine.

(2) There are no shortage of sites and forums where malcontents can go to spout their sewage. Why one needs to be incorporated into a site that is dedicated to doubleguns is beyond me. Certainly, all topics discussed in the old Misfires were not degenerate, but so many were that it ruined it for the rest.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan

(2) There are no shortage of sites and forums where malcontents can go to spout their sewage. Why one needs to be incorporated into a site that is dedicated to doubleguns is beyond me. Certainly, all topics discussed in the old Misfires were not degenerate, but so many were that it ruined it for the rest.
SRH

I agree.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.