April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (graybeardtmm3, earlyriser, Marks_21, David Williamson, LeFusil, 1 invisible), 239 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,029
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#38156 05/02/07 09:32 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Anybody have a business experience with these folks? Not necessarily purchases, but repair work, fitting, stock bending and such. Good, bad or indifferent, all feedback appreciated.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Colonel" Baker did a fit for Lauren Bacall. Brit gamegun theory and method. Has a lot of try-guns. Bent a stock for me. Stayed where he put it; bit of markoff on the stock cheeks but no discoloration on the wrist. I don't have much other experience for comparison so I'll guess he's as good or better than a number of self-appointed bodgers out there. He's also something of a character; lot of antediluvian poltical opinions which he WILL share with you. Enjoy.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Talked to him on the phone for a long while once and he seems like a likeable fellow.
I appreciated him taking the time to talk with a stranger.
My impression is, he's great if you're wealthy enough so that money is not an issue.
If not, then you'd better shop around and know what you want

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've purchased one gun from them about a year or so back. The price was reasonable and the condition was exactly as described.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Glen is a good guy. Not for the faint of heart as discussed but he clearly knows his stuff. He fit me and I hit more now with my stock built as he said than I used to.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Almost anywhere else on the net, Bland guns are a deal - and so they should be.
Oh... but not there mate!
Which would make me stop and think abit.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tom, I bought a used Beretta SO6 from them which they had done a wood repair on a crack in the wrist. I made the purchase with the idea I would restock the gun. However the work they did is wondertful and has held up perfectly. I see no reason to invest in a costly sidelock restock. Paul Driscoll

Sidelock
Sidelock

Glenn Baker is "Thom. Bland", at least in terms of current production. The "Colonel" has a lot of irons in the fire and I don't think the op is much more than a 2 1/2 man band. Selling the "Brit image"; sort of the Orvis of Wilkes Barre. I'd think you'd be gaga over him, LG. He knows how to "sell" in every sense of the word; might have you begging to buy something from him. But he's a good bloke; God knows the man put up with me thru about 500 rnds. of reloads on his driven shooting setup and it was a very warm day. He was dubious that they were 1 oz. loads (mostly boxed in Win AA boxes marked 1 1/8. After he shot a couple, he knew I hadn't abused his max shot charge rule. Bought my wife and I dinner. Maybe he could afford to; maybe he couldn't but he did. His expat. (Brit) wife a true lady by my observation. The puzzling thing to me is what the woodcock are doing on top of the hill?

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

I spent about four days with Glenn and the staff at WCH a couple of years ago. Had a fitting, stock bending, hours of instruction and shot over a thousand rounds at clays. I have never learned more about guns and wingshooting in such a short time as those few days in Pennsylvania. Glenn runs a first class operation and rightly takes pride in it. If you are a wussy-boy you will probably be offended at Glenn's directness and color commentary but you will never learn more. I stayed down the hill at the Blue Herron B&B....another class act. If you time it right, you can do a cast-and-blast.......shoot in the morning and flyfish for trout in the local streams in the PM, or vice versa. I would have no reservations about buying a gun from Glenn....he has one I've been coveting for some time now, so I may have to give him a call soon.

Thorny, I think you should try it......you'll like it!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bob & Jack, I'm sure the chaps are just fine - my only thing is the price of some of the Thomas Bland guns - which btw are fine guns also. Just abit much.
...and besides, owd Thorny has years of bad habits behind him - but still manages to look good doing 'em.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.