May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (prairie ghost, David Williamson, skeettx), 892 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,402
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#447789 06/21/16 12:12 PM
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

We have over 20,000 "Gun Laws" on the books in our Country at present. When queried awhile back regarding the lack of prosecution of those who lie on gun applications which is a Federal offense V P Joe Biden stated the following: "The Federal Government doesn't have the resources to go after all those who break the law"! That just about sums up everything one needs to know about more gun laws.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

No, the US doesn't need 20,000 gun laws. Canada has, in effect, one under federal legislation, same from Atlantic to Pacific to Arctic oceans.

But what can you say for one of the highest US houses of governance voting down measures to deny possession of guns to officially suspected terrorists?

That just about sums up everything one needs to know about more gun laws.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No-we need fewer Muslims and ISIS camel humpers here in America. We have gun laws up the ass, but the enforcement of the infamous 1968 laws against the Muslims and other minorities here is lax- but in some wise, a moot point- if the came humper who killed 50 folks in Orlando wanted an assault style weapon, he can always steal one. Like they do in Chicago. What I want to know is- when wil the SHTF for the FBI office in FL, when the owner of the LOTUS gun store refused to sell this now dead (Allah be praised) idiot the full body armor and large quantities of ammo. FBI dropped the ball (again) on that one- they had this idiot on their terrorist watch, and guess what happened. We don't need more laws (like the idiotic magazine capacity concept-what a joke that is) we need ENFORCEMENT.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....But what can you say for one of the highest US houses of governance voting down measures to deny possession of guns to officially suspected terrorists?

That just about sums up everything one needs to know about more gun laws.

I recently saw the fizzling out of four measures aimed at the denying of possession for law abiding US citizens. Where did you get the information that it's currently okay for terrorists to illegally use firearms? The illegal use of firearms really should already be against the law. I think in fairness, wouldn't now be the appropriate time to ridicule dems who 'feel' that using the filibuster is childish? reid will get his little chunk of air time anyway. But hey, good news, didn't justice Thomas signal that he may retire after the general election?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Couple of quick observations:

I watched the voting process on C-Span yesterday. None of the four proposals were going to do much of anything to stop terrorists or future mass-shootings. What is sad is how our elected officials are so divided among party lines. It was classic "you didn't vote for ours, so we are not voting for yours." And the rhetoric coming from the left is shameful.

That old gas-bag Elizabeth "Fauxcahontas" Warren ranting and raving from her wigwam on Capitol Hill is almost comical yet sad.

I guess my question is, they want to keep people on the "no-fly" or "terrorist watch list" from being able to buy firearms. If you are on either list, why are you free to walk amongst us?

I would rather a greater effort be made vetting people coming in, preventing terrorists from getting here in the first place, and capturing and deporting the ones that are here. But that will never happen under the current administration.

During WWII, the FBI hunted down Nazi agents, spies, and operators with extreme prejudice. Nobody cared too much about "political correctness" or offending Germany then.

I hope you all get out and vote against Hillary in November.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gun laws only work if they are enforced and reasonable. Drugs are regulated and outlawed but that has not worked out too well in the War on Drugs. The anti gun people's equivalent to banning all guns would be banning all drugs and prescription durgs. Not reasonable.

20,000 or 40,000 laws makes no difference because the people they are targeted to regulate or stop have zero intention of following any of them. We have lost control of too much. Borders are open, criminals do not fear arrest or conviction, politicians only job is to get reelected. PC is a disease. The Courts protect the fringe and ignore that they are to enforce the Constitution and those legal laws on the books.

We need term limits, ban from taking post government lobby jobs of any nature. We need a Constitution amendment that electoral college votes are to be by congressional districts with the two senators for each state to the state winner. This would restore the balance that large states have that throws almost every Presidental election to one party. We also need a shorter soap box for me to stand on.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown

But what can you say for one of the highest US houses of governance voting down measures to deny possession of guns to officially suspected terrorists?

Not quite - what the Senate did was not allow the government to deny a federally protected constitutional right without due process of law. Like it or not even suspected terrorists are considered innocent until proven guilty.

When a $500 3D printer can make a usable AR-type rifle from a set of plans anyone can download from the 'net, all the laws in the world won't stop a determined killer. I'm sure we can make it more difficult for criminals and terrorists to obtain firearms without infringing on the rights of the law-abiding. But it's a fool's errand to even think that someone who's set on murder, mass or otherwise, will be stopped because the clerk in a gunshop says "we can't sell you a gun today."

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I think perhaps some of you overlooked the irony in Biden's statement I covered in my initial post. He's now proposing more gun laws to go along with the gun laws that are not enforced due to lack of resources today. I don't know how many laws and regulations we have in our Country but in the millions wouldn't surprise me in the least. Many are inane and some are so outdated that they're somewhat of a joke.

Hunters located in Alabama take note:

In Alabama, for example, it's a criminal "offense against public health and morals" to engage in a whole host of activities on Sunday, including playing cards. Shooting, hunting, gaming and racing are also prohibited and carry a fine of $10 to $100. Worse, you could be imprisoned or sentenced to hard labor for no more than three months for any of these "immoral" acts [source: Justia].

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Democracies make choices. Americans accept mass murder to defend an individual right to bear arms in the name of personal freedom."

Sidelock
Sidelock

Everyone who is concerned about a lack of gun law enforcement ought to be agitating in favor of adequate staffing and funding for the agencies tasked with enforcement. Many federal agencies fail to perform their missions better because they lack adequate funding. Hamstringing an agency with inadequate funding fulfills the far right's prophecy that government is a waste of time and money.

Bill Ferguson
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.